1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

24 inches on the way for me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by porter, Jan 13, 2002.

1. porter

porter Junior Member

just heard on the weather a crazy storm front is rolling in could get up to 24 inches. this will be my first real plowing session all the other snow we have had has only been like 5 inches. I can't see the road when i look out the window is snowing so hard
  2. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Good deal lucky dog!

Keep us posted.

Got an add in the paper?
  3. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

get less than 2 inches this morning, but the wind this afternoon was very cold. Good luck on the east side. Be safe in that blizard. 60 mph wind expected also for you
  4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm a couple hours south, had about 1", and it's now a rain event, lots of wind. Temps are supposed to drop near dawn, at least I may get to spread some Magic.

5. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Weather terms.....

Blizzard Warning - winds that are at least 35 mph or greater, blowing snow that will frequently reduce visibility to 1/4 mile or less for a duration of at least 3 hours, and dangerous wind chills are expected in the warning area.

Be carefull out there... Sounds like this could be the one.
  6. porter

porter Junior Member

well guys i was out and did my first run because i have to keep the apartment buildings clean approx 16 inches on the ground and still can't see a thing out my window.
    I definently have an ad in the paper it has been there for a while i'm sure it'll be an interesting morning
  7. Sno

Sno Senior Member

16"...... How much was on the lot when you got there?

Sounds like you may be on your 3rd pass by now. :)
  8. porter

porter Junior Member

Well guys it's lunch time stopped to take a break 28 inches fell over night and blew all over the place drifts are amazing. calling for another 6 to 8 inches tonight