1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

24 hour bulk salt supply in oakville/hamilton/niagara region?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by floriolandscape, Dec 16, 2010.

1. floriolandscape

floriolandscape Junior Member

New to the forum. Just upgraded from bag to bulk and am having a hard time finding a bulk salt supplier in oakville or anywhere west of oakville. I've found places that are open 24hours during a storm only, but that doesnt help for flurries or any minor activity that requires a salt application. If anyone has any information, please post.
    My search on the site came up empty and the closest 24 hour 7 days/week supplier i found was in brampton, quite the ride from notl.

Thanks in advance

2. TLG99

TLG99 Senior Member

Not sure where your looking exactly, but these companies are in the Hamilton/Stoney Creek area.

I do not know of a 24/7 operation, but all of these vendors have an after-hours number, and I have never had problems getting product when I needed it.

Outdoor Supplies & Equipment (QEW & Centennial Parkway area) 905 578 2411

Hamilton Builders Supply (2 locations)
    Hamilton Mtn. (U. Wellington & Limeridge Rd.) 905 388 2352
    Stoney Creek (Barton St and Jones Rd) 905 642 1271

Trombetta Construction (Barton St and Parkdale) 905 544 0803

Hope this helps!

3. Paul24

Paul24 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Also Cardi Construction - Hamilton- not far from Outdoor Supplies, also Acers Garden Center- Ancaster

Outdoors can be available for off shift(normal operating hours) salt, if you phone 1/2 in advance of when you are showing up.

4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I hope after 6 years he's got it figured out :)

Mr.Markus and Michael J. Donovan like this.