1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

24" Craftsman Snow Thrower

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by sappel138, Apr 16, 2011.

1. sappel138

sappel138 Member

I bought this brand new in Fall 2009. It was $749, on sale for $649. It’s has been kept either in my garage or shed (never outside) and has been serviced each season. This thing has been a reliable beast of burden. It made it through the “Snowmageddon” of 2009/2010 with me AND the NJ blizzards of 2010/2011. It started every time, and never let me down. I am the only person in my neighborhood with a snow thrower, so this thing was going pretty much continuously during the 3 storms we got during “snowmageddon” in 2009-2010.

• 24-inch clearing width
    • 5.5-horsepower (195cc) Tecumseh 4-cycle “Snow King” engine
    • five forward and two reverse speeds
    • an electric starter and a mitten-sized recoil grip pull-start
    • 21-inch intake height
    • serrated steel auger
    • 190 degree adjustable polymer chute
    • handles fold for storage
    • Custom Roller Skids fully adjustable skid shoes. Makes this GLIDE like a dream!
      Eliminates steering and bogging problems associated with standard steel shoes. Also, since these don’t scrape on the ground, they last 2-3 times longer than regular shoes.

$450 or best offer!

2. sappel138

sappel138 Member

BUMP.... Markdown to $385.
  3. sappel138

sappel138 Member

Bump....$350....final call.
  4. rainbows

rainbows Junior Member

We just bought a new one for $600
  5. sappel138

sappel138 Member

SOLD! forgot about this post until I was notified of the (completely unhelpful) response from today. Admin- please delete thread.
  6. rainbows

rainbows Junior Member

Just pointing out how ridiculous your pricing was.