1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

220 amp HD alternator Ford 6.0 2003-05

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tscape, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I bought an alternator from Mean Green in February 2012. I installed it and it failed almost immediately. I needed my truck in service immediately, so I bought a Motorcraft to replace it. Mean Green has an unconditional 1 year warranty, but I was fighting with them since February for a cash refund. I finally settled for a new alternator for my application, which arrived yesterday. So I am selling it. The warranty should transfer (that is what unconditional means, right?).

Price online $400
    My price $350 delivered

Mike
    734-320-4700

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

2. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Still for sale!

3. CLSCAPER

CLSCAPER Junior Member

How is the new motorcraft holding up? i just did this search to see if anything good about mean green would come up. I've been fight alternator and battery problems sence day one with the 6.0 diesels, they dont charge at idle and with the power of the diesel the truck is basicly at idle while plowing.

4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

the 6.0 needs fresh batteries and a new alternator every 2 years for severe duty applications . Between the glow plugs , electric spreader and plow , they're no match .
    On my 5th year of doing this with a few 6.0's . The FICM also demands proper 48v to act accordingly .
    HIGH maint , but worth every ounce of torque and HP . Especially modded.

5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

So far, so good. It just hit the one year mark, so take it for what it is worth. I may just need this Mean Green one myself. Who knows?