1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

22 vs ST for 2000 Toyota 4-Runner

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by hajloomy, Nov 23, 2008.

1. hajloomy

hajloomy Junior Member
    from Chicago

Trying to decide between a Series 22 or a Series ST for my 2000 Toyota 4-Runner. They look to be about the same weight even though the 22 is 4 inches taller. The dealer wants $800 more for the 22.
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

There are quite a few differences between the ST and 22 series models. The 22 will gain you the additional 4" in height as well as our EIS lighting system which uses no relays or modules to operate the lighting system. The main reason that I would also consider the 22 series is that it has replaced the ST in our product offering. Mounts for ST applications are becoming hard to find as many are no longer produced at the factory level. If your dealer does have the mount for the ST in stock for your applicaiton and you intend to keep the truck for a long time, probably not a big deal, but if you are looking to change trucks down the road it will be much easier to move the plow over if you go with the 22 series IMO.

Thanks for considering Sno-Way.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you need to convert the ST mounting system for future vehicles that $800 savings will disappear real fast
  4. hajloomy

hajloomy Junior Member
    from Chicago

Thanks to Tom, Basher and Derek for your feedback.

Thanks for the info on the 22 vs ST. I've read through a lot of these threads and you guys are very helpful to everyone. I will take your advice and get the 22. Hopefully the dealers can lower the price a little.