1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

22" storm in nj pricing

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by JRS Landscaping, Jan 2, 2011.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

Just curious to see what others in nnj got for the 22" storm the 26th and 27th. i got quite a few call backs about my pricing. I went out 3 times including once to cleanup from city plows and charged about $215. what are other people charging? A guy i know was doing them for $80 :dizzy: these driveways are maybe 40'x20 and shoveling sidewalks. if you dont wanna post it you can PM me. any insight would be great. thank you

2. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Bills don't go out till today so haven't received the complaints yet....

however, anything over 15" is considered a blizzard and I charge $175 per hour per truck for commercial lots not including deicing apps and residents pay a set amount per push for this amount. I got hit with between 28-32 inches with drifts in hte 3-4' range in some spots. FYI, sidewalks i get 65 per man per hour in a blizzard.

to give you an idea single width driveway about 30 feet long 2.5' of snow. cleared sidewalk and steps I visited once for an hour and half and I'm going to bill $130.

3. JRS Landscaping

just to compare how much do you get for that same single wide driveway in a 3-4" storm? i get about $35

4. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

I think your driveway pricing is a little high. I was getting between $115 to $170 a driveway. For a 3"- 4" storm I get $55-$85.

5. JRS Landscaping

does that include sidewalks and was that for 1 showing or multiple?

6. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

For some that includes sidewalks and walkways. That was for me goin 2 times. Even if I went 3 times it still would be the same unless they called me back for something. The 1st time took me about 15-20 minutes the next time was like 10 minutes.

7. JRS Landscaping

i was spending a solid 30 min on each one the first two times. most of them had to be snow blowed only could plow the banks from the town trucks

8. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Ouch that sucks. I would probably try and lower it below 200. This way they see you are trying to work with them. In the future I would make sure they all have signed contracts stating the pricing this way there is no confusion on what the bill will be.

9. JRS Landscaping

i have agreements with the people $28 first 3" $25 following 1-3" its the first storm after i sent the agreements out. because i just used to shoot prices off the top of my head based on the time i was there. i have signed ones from them. they are just making a stink.

10. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Yea that usually happens after you get a big storm. Do you have a price in the contract for anything between 18"-24"?

11. JRS Landscaping

yes i think you misunderstood its $28 for the first 3 inches $25 for each addional 1-3 so if we get 10-12" its 28+25+25+25

12. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Yes I did misunderstand but I do think that with the pricing you provided $215 it was done for and the $228 that it should be is high for a 40x20 driveway and sidewalks.

13. JRS Landscaping

it came out to 203 + 15 cleanup on the 28th from the town plows. so 218 was the total based on the 22" and the cleanup

anyone else have thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  14. LB1234

LB1234 Member

for the drives in that area including walkways I'm getting between 30 & 40...so I think we are about the same.