1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

22 series wont angle right

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by cpd427, Jan 19, 2009.

1. cpd427

cpd427 Member
    from ohio

My 22 series won't angle right. When I push the button to right angle, I can hear the motor run but it wont angle. I read in onther post that some times the "spool" hangs up. What exactly is the spool? and how do I check it? Thanks!

-Josh

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No Spool valve in a 22. Check to see if all any wires have become disconnected from a coil in the pump. Does the motor sound like it's straining when you try to angle it?

3. cpd427

cpd427 Member
    from ohio

The motor sound's pretty normal when I try to angle it. It just wont move. The plow has been sitting unused out side in the cold for a while.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

check to see all the wires are attached.if so attach it to the truck but the right side of the blade up against a solid object and angle right and give it a little push.could just be the wipers on the angle rams have tightened up on the pistons. But be sure all the wires are hooked up first and don't over do it.

5. cpd427

cpd427 Member
    from ohio

I'll try that.The plow isn't actually mine I'm just looking to buy it off of the truck. It's this ladies ex-husbands plow, so she dosen't know any details about it. I'll see If she'll let me tinker with it. It also didn't seem to go up very high. It only made it like 1 1/2 foot off the ground.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009