1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

22 series plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by g-landscaping, Feb 28, 2008.

1. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

if i were to put a 22 series plow on my ford explorer sport trac would i have to make any modifications to my trucks. like putting timbrens on the front????

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

you shouldnt have to but it might be better what i would do is try it with out timbrens first but the front end should hold up just fine

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We installed a 22 series on a explorer recently. it handled the plow better then I expected. I'd start with about 300lbs of ballast and go from there. You can always add timbrens later.

4. ojpent

ojpent Junior Member

I also have a explorer sport trac and was thinking of putting a 22 series plow on it.. Basher if you have any pics you could share that would be great...:waving:

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

It's not a Sport Trac but still an Explorer.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  6. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

does anyone have any pictures of sport tracs with plows, you just never see them. and another question is the sport trac a truck with an explorer body on it

7. ojpent

ojpent Junior Member

The sport trac is a 4 door version of the ranger with just one exception, the leaf springs on the back are under the axle while the rangers springs are on top of the axle!!!

8. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I don't have the sport trac but if it is the same as a Ranger, here are some pics of my plow when it was new in '06. I still have it, it works flawlessly and I now do 61 drives and two small lots with it.

Hope this helps.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=40423&highlight=solo+operators+ride

9. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

how much did that snow way cost you...4000

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But not commercially:rolleyes:

11. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

You win the prize. Yes 4000 installed out the door.

12. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Just 61 of my closest friends and relatives!!;)