1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

22 series on S-10 Jimmy

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Beachernaut, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

I've been looking into a plow for my 95 S10 Jimmy.
    I'm pretty much decided I want a 22 series for it.
    My question is about adapters. My choices are:
    HB2 or 2B/2D
    HB3/HB4
    2E

I'm not sure how I can find out what adapter I need for my truck.

Also, how is Snoway to work with on waranty stuff without a dealer in the area?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thank you for your interest in Sno-Way products. You can get the adapter information right off your vehicle. The #'s that you are looking for will be on the truck headlamp lens or on the connectors for them. Just look for the #'s that you have posted and that will determine which adapter if any are needed.

3. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Wow, i feel sheepish. I had no idea it was that easy.:eek:
    Thanks.

4. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

I just got a call back from the local dealer.
    He quoted $4800 installed for the following.

99100696 22 Series Gravity Hydraulics
    99100783 6'8" Polycarbonate Blade with Poly Cutting Edge
    99100779 Hard wired keypad
    99100752 Chevy / GMC / Oldsmobile
    99100795 EIS Light Harness Adapter

Am I wrong to think that's a bit high? He said install fees were $350.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The install price is good. You will be better off with D/P. JMO

6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I've been with Sno-Way almost six years and 99% of all my sales are with Down Pressure and of the 1% who don't buy it, 90% wish they had (particularly with 22 and 26 Series). Here is a link that will give you more information on down pressure:

http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/downPressure

Hope this helps, thanks for considering Sno-Way.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The install price is very reasonable...and I'd say the reason for that is that he's making all the profit on the plow itself.

For the $4450 that your claiming is the price of the plow itself you should be getting down pressure, snow deflector, and wireless controls for that amount of cash.

Bottom line, plow price is way too high for a 22 series. Might want to shop around if you have any other Snoway dealers around. :salute:

8. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Of the 3 local dealers (still 120 miles away), this is the only one that responded to my quote request.
    The plow is for personal use only, so I can't break the bank.
    There's plenty of choices out there this size and smaller that are cheaper, but most of them aren't much better than my ATV plow. I looked at the Suburbanite from Western, but their mounting system worries me. We get a lot of wind, and the snow drifts quickly here.

I agree about DP, I'll probably end up getting it. This quote request was kind of a feeler for a dealer on a bare bones 22.
    My goal is to get a quality plow, and try to keep something like a budget.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And you should be able to do both with your choice of plow. :nod:

Of course supporting the local dealer is important, but in your case I'd be shopping around. I've stated in the past many times the fact that plow prices are dependent on location but that exact plow your quoting with should be more like $3400-$3500 (no install).

10. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Install doesn't worry me too much. I guess I'll start hitting around looking for dealers. I'll probably have to spend a little extra for shipping, but that's what happens when you live 150 miles from anything.

11. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Good grief. You know, I don't mind giving a dealer a bit of profit for their product. However, I don't want to give them the entire months profit on 1 purchase.

I got a response from another dealer (only half way across the state).
    I did include DP on this request.
    Get this..... $5156 installed.
    That includes $500 installation, and a $400 "in stock" discount.:rolleyes:

12. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i would agree with b&b you should be getting DP for that price... JMO

13. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

give me a call and i'll see what i can do for you :waving: