1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

22 series deflector \ Blade Heights

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jrunner01, Dec 20, 2007.

1. jrunner01

jrunner01 Member

Looking to buy one of those deflectors that go on top of the blade to help keep snow from going over the top.

Part number \ cost ?

Is there a cheaper alternative to getting it from snoway?

Also I posted in another thread about the difference in blade heights... why are some soo short and others taller?

Thanks...
    JRUNNER

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I got a piece of old conveyor belt and bolted that to one of my blades. Cheap but very effective. There are different series of plows and they have different blade heights. The taller blades will push more snow and stack better.

3. larry newman

larry newman Member

I've got an 18" - it came with the Jeep when I bought it this fall. It looks tiny, compared to the Western Standard 2 meter I was running.

Performance wise, tho...it stacks higher than the Jeep. The lexan slides the snow to the side easily.

If we get more than 18" in one whack, I'd doubt if the Jeep would make it thru. In that case, I'd park it and go get the Bobcat...

4. jrunner01

jrunner01 Member

Isnt it also about the idea of rolling the snow off the blade rather than just pushing it?

I heard that was the idea behind short rounder blades vs taller flat blades.

Anyone...?

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

jrunner,

Blade curl is very important as well as angle of attack in getting snow to roll. Rolling snow rather than just pushing it is much easier on the equipment and also the vehicle making the push. Another reason for shorter blades is smaller truck applications. Not as much weight avaliable on the front axle to put a larger plow on.

6. larry newman

larry newman Member

That's what I meant about the snow coming off the side easily...