1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

22 series cordless remot hand held lost need #

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by The B, Jan 8, 2010.

1. The B

The B Junior Member

I lost my remote (stupid me!!) and the ser # isn't on the plow. I need the hand held portion of the cordless remote. The guy I got the plow from said it was a 22 series (measures right) and it was a 2003. It has the 2 pin set-up with just 2 wires running the plow. It looks identical to the newest models they sell today. The remote was speckled grey and doesnt look like the rounded fancy model ... more squared and no lcd or any thing. Does have Down Pressure though. I love this thing on my 03 Jeep rubicon, but wish they would have built in a magnet on the back like electrical and gas testers have. I take it out to disconect the plow and put it on the jeep (I know...dumb!) and apparently gave it one last ride! Needing the part # and what I have to do to get the new one to work with my plow. any help appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Your local dealer should have one.:nod: you just need the handheld. I just got in from shaking salt but I will get you a part number as soon as I get to the shop.

if your local dealer cannot help or you have no local dealer call Kim @ 8884482464 I know they are in stock.

3. The B

The B Junior Member

Thanks Basher

Thanks Basher, I think I found the story. Now no one has one in stock here in Wisconsin (where the blasted plows are made!) All want from $275.00 to $350.00. OOOUUUCH! My local guy said 179.00 and when I called him back to make sure it wasn't 279 and it was the grey remote for snoway 22 series with DP he said yea and 179.00 would do it. We'll see!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like a dealer wirth fair pricing. well worth dealing local when it makes sense. A good relationship with the local dealer means a millon dollars when it's 6:30pm with snow coming and you need parts/service.

5. The B

The B Junior Member

Thanks a million.

Thanks Basher, I'll keep you posted!

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Should be part number 96107355

7. The B

The B Junior Member

Got it!

Thanks again Basher, I just got back from Mikes Truck Acc. here in town and he did sell it for $179 plus tx. He warned me though that the price did go up and it is below cost. He will be selling them for $229 plus tax from now on. That is still $50 less than i can get one any where else. I will have to be sure to give him some dedicated business so he can make it back down the road. Nice guy even printed out hand instructions on programming it so i didn't go nuts reading the snoway manual. Hahaha. It looks right and the #s match your post. Thanks again and happy plowing!

8. The B

The B Junior Member

One more ?

My buddy is the director of Public works in a small town and I was explaining what happened. He said they have a boss that attaches\detaches the same way, but has seperate swithces on the plow unit itself for attaching /detaching. I was thinking how to have the remote surcically attached so I don't lose it again when I take it out to att/ detach and this makes sense. What do you think of this and how hard do you think it should be?
    Looking forward to any and all input.