1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

22 or 26 for F-150

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by beartracks, Nov 13, 2006.

1. beartracks

beartracks Junior Member
    from WI

Selling my 97 F-150 and MT plow to my Dad and looking at a new plow for my 2004 F-150. I now only plow my driveway, which is about 1 mile long and around my buildings. No commercial plowing at all.

I was looking at the 22 as its quite a bit lighter, and at only 2" shorter than my MT seems like it should work fine. However a local dealer recommended the 26 model, which weighs about the same as my MT. I think the 22 would cost about $400 less.

Anyone have any advice over which model would be better in this application?

2. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I see it this way, If you need a bigger plow at any point, it might be cheaper now to go with the 26" instead of having to try to sell the 22" and upgrade or try to add wings to the 22" which is not a great option either.

Thats my 2 cents:salute:
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

You will need to go with the 26 series model as we do not produce a 22 series mounting kit for the F150. If you are looking to save some weight you could go with the ST series with a 90" blade. There is a promo currently running on this model through http://www.plowsunlimited.com .
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Go with the 26 it's a better match then an ST. Well worth the four bills.
    The ST on that truck would be like using a Kenworth to tow a jet ski. :rolleyes:
  5. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I think that's something I'd like to see some time just for laughs!
  6. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I would go with the 26.:salute:
  7. fastmark

fastmark Junior Member

Go with the Snoway 26. Truck drops about 1", Light weight. Plus the people in town will wonder where you found wonder woman’s invisible plow....HA :nod:
  8. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I had the 26 with DP on my old F150 SuperCrew and Loved it.
  9. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

which plow?

go with the 26 w/ downpressure & wireless remote. good setup. you can have a ball with the wireless with your friends, I put my control in my pocket and had them believing that I had a VAC ( voice activated plow).
  10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Stood in the local Coffee stop operating the plow, waited to a few people were watching the plow move on an empty truck. Then I put the control in my pocket and started to walk to the truck. Halfway across the lot I hollered for my dog. When she stuck her head out the driver's window I said "how many times have i told you not to mess with the plow, now move over, it's my turn to drive!" LOL:jester:
  11. bryanj23

bryanj23 Senior Member

Too new to PM. Hey Basher...what are your Snoway prices? I can't really get away with personal phone calls at work. I can get away with this though;) ! Just curious. Oh, and do you sell any used plows? Thanks
  12. beartracks

beartracks Junior Member
    from WI

Going to be a done deal on Thursday. Thanks for the advice guys. Going with the 26, DP, Poly and wireless remote.
  13. Brew

Brew Member

Great to hear. Welcome to the family. We appreciate your business.