1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2016 Outfitter switches, can't find wires

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jeep_thing, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Jeep_thing

Jeep_thing Member

Searching for the 4 heavy wires coming from the switches- not the pass through wires. All the pictures I find of the relays are this one-

[​IMG]

And the wire colors are supposed to be-

Aux 1 Yellow 25A
    Aux 2 Green/Brown 25A
    Aux 3 Violet/Green 10A
    Aux 4 Brown 15A

However I don't have that relay pack on my 2016 SD, here is a pic of that location-

[​IMG]

And I cannot find any blunt cut wires of that gauge or color. Has anyone found their wires on a 2016? Thanks!

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Ford should have a body builders website, check there.

3. Jeep_thing

Jeep_thing Member

Yes that is where the first photo I posted is from, I believe it is carried over from previous years and my 2016 doesn't look like it. Looking to see if anyone here has done a 2016.

4. Jeep_thing

Jeep_thing Member

Found them! Maybe this thread can help someone else find their upfitter switch wires.

The grey module in the picture of my truck is actually the trailer brake module. This is mounted over top of the upfitter relays, and it hides them extremely well.

Looking up behind it with a light I could barely see the black relays, and could not see any wires. However I ran my hand up to it and started gently feeling around and brought the wiring harness in sight where I saw the 4 colored heavy gauge wires I was looking for. They were really up there, and the blunt end caps were caught on a metal brace. One by one I released them and brought them down where I could see them and work with them.

Hope this helps someone else!