1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2016 f250 junk

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kagenewengland, Feb 10, 2016.

1. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

Has anybody had recourse with ford. I just purchased a truck solely for snow removal that broke down during my first use and first plow able event of the season (nyc blizzard). It has been at the dealer since and I am told it won't be in service until march. Since I have taken on the depreciation and liabilty of a new vehicle and essentilly missed what could be the entire winter season I am very frustrated. The vehicle is for commercial use so I believe I would not qualify for any consumer protection or lemon law. I would like ford to take the vehicle back. Could I have any chance if I retained a lawyer?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What's wrong with it?

3. kagenewengland

Fuel pump module which is on back order

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell them to take one of a truck on their lot.

5. kagenewengland

They wont. The situation is rediculous

6. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Find one of a wreck maybe?

7. kagenewengland

I wonder if that would void the warrenty (which seem worthless anyways)

8. kagenewengland

Also I would imagine it would be hard to find a new wreck. This module must be new to 2016 since it is not even in ford's inventory of parts.

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Fuel pump module or the driver? If just the pump module, the are on ebay.

10. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you tried asking a different dealer if they have it in stock?

11. kagenewengland

Yes i have talked to many dealers, they are on national backorder.

12. kagenewengland

Yah nothing on ebay, besides it is my understanding you void your warranty if you do your own repairs; what do you mean by driver?

13. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Did you make the first payment? The truck is not in your possession talk to your lender if you want to pass on the truck. If you made the first payment forget about it. What does commercial use have to do with consumer protection or lemon law. Unless maybe its a f-150. Does your truck have a plow package?

14. kagenewengland

No i did not make the first payment; if i dont soon there will be a mark on my credit. It does have a plow package. The truck is registered in MA; The lemon law in MA states it does not qualify vehicles used for commercial purposes. Fred should I contact Ford Credit and ask for amnesty on the first payment while we work on a resolution?

15. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

If you google it is just not ford problem.

Kinda makes me think that if its like the same supplier like the airbags.

It's totally BS when they continue building units while others are sitting waiting for parts.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

IMO it would be worth a call to a lawyer and Ford Credit.

Good to see that Furd is still screwing their customers. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the Torqshifts back in '04-'05. Grenading all over the place due to the snap ring and\or planetary pins walking out. Hundreds or thousands of trucks sitting in dealer's lots waiting for new parts. All on national backorder. Dealers taking transmissions oot of trucks on their lots......and those transmissions grenading.

For some reason, since I usually seem to make not so brilliant decisions, I kept 2 old Dodges that year. Good thing, because I lost a month of work oot of 2 trucks in January. A busy January.

My BIL lemon lawed his second 6.7 after it was in the shop for close to 2 months waiting on 1 part. Why they couldn't take one off the production line, I'll never understand, but they wouldn't and didn't. Not sure if he had it registered to him or his company.

17. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

That is total bunk. I used to work for a ford dealer, 11 years. We had situations like yours and the owner of the dealer would tell us, "take the part off of a new vehilcle and do it now". It got done. Your dealer principal sucks.

18. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Yes, I assuming you hold a good credit rating if your with ford credit. Contact ford and tell them the NEW truck is not in your possession and it's financially difficult for your business. Are you driving one of the dealerships cars or did they leave you stranded? I don't think I would bother with a attorney right yet, It will be a little more difficult if you have one of the dealerships cars. But you need the truck for your business this is why you purchased it. Take a shot, Won't be the first time Ford had to give someone a new truck. Once you make that first payment you got no shot. Move quickly you don't want that blemish, Not payed as agreed. Even if they give you amnesty is a little less hardship. You still got factory warranty don't you? I know here the lemon law is more for used vehicles.

19. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

You are in the same situation I was with my 03 F250 (remember what a reliable gem the first 6.0's were). It practically lived at the dealer and was constantly going back for drivability issues that Ford's "cure" for was a reflash. Finally, got fed up when they had to yank the engine with 6k miles on the truck to fix a oil leak at the pan. I too tried to lemon law the truck and was denied because the vehicle was used for commercial use. I couldn't believe it considering I still had Ford brochures from when I bought the truck touting its commercial capabilities. I wish you the best of luck. Out of the 24 months I owned the truck, it spent almost 6 weeks of that at the dealer. I ended up curing my problems by trading out of that truck for an 05 and specifically told my salesman that if I had the same luck with it that I did with my last truck, I was going to suffer a "brake malfunction" and park it in the middle of their showroom floor one night. He laughed thinking I was joking. The sales manager who overheard my comment and who had gotten to know me quite well over the past couple years assured him I was not. (-;

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  20. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Contact Ford Customer Care 800-392-3673. Open a claim with them. They will contact the dealer first. Tell the rep you want to be compensated for the payments while the truck is tied up in the shop. Most likely you will still have to pay, but they will send you a refund check for the amount you are requesting to be compensated.

I went through this with my last F350 which was only a week old and have a couple hundred miles on it. It ended up sitting in the shop for a week and then i got it back, but then the issue reoccurred. So back to the shop it went and when they could not find the issue and ended up having to pull the engine out which took even longer. It was a nightmare to say the least, but after talking to customer care and being compensated I was satisfied. You can also request an extended warranty as well. I had to do that on my diesel F550.