1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2016 Chevy/GMC Wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by stevesmowing, Nov 23, 2015.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

The 2016's still aren't listed on the quick match site. Anyone know why? I'm trying to get wiring and mounts to go on a 2016 2500HD and don't know what to order.
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Call a dealer.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I work at a Western dealer and we rely on Quick Match for our installations. I suppose if we were real desperate we could call tech support to see if there are any listings for 2016 vehicles but i expect they would say "be patient, give us a chance to do our research, it's still only 2015, give us a break!!!!!"
  4. brasski

brasski Member

We have a 2015 gmc and just got a 2016 chevy both 2500hd's and same plows for both western mvp3's
  5. coke813

coke813 Member

Just as Brasski said, I would guess it will all be the same equipment as the 2015 model year. I'm not aware of a frame change coming for the 2016 year. Maybe Western hasn't seen the new truck to confirm yet.
    If you have your new truck already, you should be able to look at the mouning instructions for the 2015 mount and see if it looks like your truck frame.
  6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Frame and headlight configuration have not changed between 2015 and 2016
  7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Big changes don't happen every year but there is always a risk that a hole has moved or something new is in the way. Many mount kit have notes stipulating a specific year needs washers to move out the oil cooler or yo need to drill an extra hole. There are so many versions of each truck every year too so if one guy says the 2015 mount fit his 2016 thee is no garuntee it will fit your 2016. There is always a risk and I know at our shop if you buy and try to mount a kit yourself and try to return it you won't be happy.
  8. brasski

brasski Member

The new mvp3 plow on our 2015 gmc has the same part numbers as the mvp3 we just got on our 2016 chevy. Side note it was a little less cutting of the plastic on the chevy I almost cried when the chrome had to be cut on the gmc.
  9. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

2016 2500/ 3500's use the same mount and wire kit. The Iso module has been changed back to the 29070-1, at least for now. The 1500's have a completely different plug on the back of the headlights, no harness yet, not sure about ISO....mount fits!