1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2016 Chevy 2500 Duramax Plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by josoria, Oct 11, 2016.

1. josoria

josoria Junior Member

Hello Everyone,

Just purchased new truck and now looking for a snow plow, any suggestions from people that have similar truck experience please share. Here is what I got and what I would like:

2015 HD Duramax with snow prep package

would like:
    1. Western Wide out: Concerned with weight
    2. Western V plow: again issue with axle weight

Snow Dogg Wide-out

Please help.
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Get what you need to do your job effectively.

You might have to install yourself, at some dealers will not put a large plow on an IFS truck.

It will be fine. You will go threw front end parts faster the heavier plow you put on, but any plow on an IFS truck is going to wear out IFS parts.
    kawasaki guy likes this.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What are you intending to use it for?
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I am going to guess plowing snow... :laugh::laugh::laugh:Thumbs Up ;)

Sorry Sno, I could not help myself... I know I'm a jerk...:nono::nono::nono:
    LapeerLandscape likes this.
  5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

My son has a 2015 duramax denali crew cab and we put a blizzard 8611 on it. It handles it great. We did put about 1000LBs in the back for counter wieght.
  6. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Stay away from the Snowdogg XP. If you want a scoop plow go ahead and get the Wideout. More versatility.
  7. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Crank the t bars up a lil bit and put timbren load supports in front and ballast. My 16 does just fine