1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2016-2017 la nína winter

Discussion in 'Weather' started by JMHConstruction, Jul 2, 2016.

1. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

Heard them say on the news that a strong la nína is in the making for this winter. With us it usually seems to bring quite a bit of snow in the midwest. Too early to even guess right now though. Just thought I'd share.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Hows the rain in KC
  3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

We are pretty much into a drought here. We hit our average last year, in one day, but that was bout it.
  4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Up until today, it's pretty much been non-existent the last 3 weeks. It's been so hot/dry that I actually had to skip about 1/4 of my mowing accounts this week due to lack of growth. Starting last night/this morning, it's pretty much been non stop rain most of the day and is forecasted to keep it up through tomorrow afternoon. Saying we may see about 5-6 inches by the time it's all done. How about you, how are things up there?

JMH, hope you are right. We could use a good winter after our last 2 fails.

FISHERBOY Senior Member