1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 XL F350 Chassis

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Antlerart06, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Finally I was able to hook plow up

Things left to do to install is a Flasher ,Backup beeper, Radio ,Plow markers

2. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

Nice setup! A good friend of mine has a 14 same chassis with a truck craft aluminum flatbed dump and the 6.2 v8, I like my chevy but those trucks are nice
  3. Antlerart06

This is a 6.2 to it pulls really well and hauls well it handles loads really well Soon will see how well it plows
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Money maker right there....., why no 3?
  5. Antlerart06

Well I have one already and I like it and I can swap wings between plows in case I damage one set

Same goes with the Skin My new plow came damage. So dealer sent me a new set of skins So I have a set of skins that will work on either plow

Just remember 1 more thing I have to do . I'm going add 8''x6''x5/8'' Steel on the ends to slow the wear down
  6. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

That's a 9'-6" right? I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to drive that down the street. I have a hard enough time maneuvering mine through the city streets without wings!
  7. Antlerart06

yes it is

Its easier then driving my Tractor with a 11 ft plow
    Atleast the V folds back

Im still trying to learn how to drive the chassis in town with a trailer on

My other DRW isn't a chassis and its a reg cab So its lot shorter then this one
    I'm curbing a lot with the chassis
  8. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Looks great. The turning radius compared to your older trucks will be huge. The truck getting a Sander?
  9. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

You'll get a hang of it real quick. When I started my new job this year the largest truck I ever drove was my 2500. Second day in they had me driving a f550 crew cab with a 10ft bed and 14ft enclosed and our streets suck lol.

Truck looks good though.
  10. Antlerart06

It wont see a spreader till one of the other 2 spreader trucks breaks down

Yes turning radius sucks with trailer on That's reason I'm going stay running my older DRW + it hauls my Vbox
    Keep this one more for a back up. I haven't even look for a driver. Now I have 6 snow rigs 5 employees
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck and plow setup looks great. They're easy to drive after a little window time.
    Are the Western wings the same as they've always been? I reinforce the backs of mine but I saw pictures of the MVP3 and they look a lot stronger. I was wondering if they had changed the one's on the plus.
    The center of your cutting edge seems to have quite a large gap, I don't recall mine being so far apart. Have you looked into tightening that up?
  12. Antlerart06

Wings Really I haven't even look Iill look tomorrow compare the 2 sets
    Im thinking making this set solid on the plow tap threads on the pins that slide in the plow and put nuts on. That's what I did to my wing on the 8.6 pro plus plow.

That gap looks huge in the photo but it isn't all that huge They only have one hole isnt slotted. If I have some free time I'm going tighten the gap up with a die grinder on that one hole
  13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We weld flat bar on the back of the wings between the 2 horizontal pieces that the pin goes through. Haven't had a problem since.
  14. Antlerart06

I look today and yes there is a extra plate between the 2 horizontal bars weld in at a angle
  15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We did that to one of our sets too. They work great but were weak. That was a much needed improvement.
  16. Antlerart06

Say does yours rattle a lot ???

I know the set I have on my Straight plow one reason I bolted them on.

Now wings on my 09 V I don't run them a lot since Lift ram wont lift the plow with wings on and having my 8'' x 5/8'' cutting edge So when I run them is when edge is worn down.
    This be the last year running 8''. Think I'll stick to 6''. Then I could run my wing more often on it

But on this one, Thinking to keep the rattle under control I thought about adding Coil Springs on the pins and drill a hole in the pin for a key pin and key will be holding spring compress. The pressure of the spring will hold wings tight to the plow hoping helps on the rattle other wise if it doesn't , I'll bolt this set on to.
    I don't like customer calling due the noise of the wings
  17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

No I wouldn't say ours rattle. They are on diesel trucks and we do plow with the windows up so there is no real noise. The pins go in easily but there is not a lot of slop on them. The plow is heavy with the wings so we put them on at the first site and take them off after the last site before driving back to the shop. I don't think I would fix mine permanently. Even in Vee position the plow is quite wide with the wings on.

I think you could bend them easier if the were permanently mounted. I know you can't hit a curb with the leading wing if the plow is fully angled.

I have my drop speed pretty high. If the customer doesn't wake up with the plow hitting the ground the wing won't wake them for sure.
  18. Antlerart06

Once I made them permanently mounted them to the plow, I stop fixing the wings.
    On the pro plus I bought in 03 Thinking in 05 when I bolted them on solid.
    What I was bending the most was the pins once it was bolted solid never had to fix them since.

I stop buying the wing poly edges. I bought Rubber for them thinking its 850PSI in 12ft sticks made my own. It flex's more then the ploy. That might be why I don't bend them any more .

LOL I always plow with my window down. But I run gas truck Even with my diesel truck I use to run I ran window down. Cant hear back up beepers with windows up . I love hearing the back up beepers. Fresh /cold air keeps me alert. When I'm salting I can hear the salt hitting the deflectors or hear the belt slip if the load jams up.
    That just me My Son and other drives runs around with windows up.