1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 NJ Snow Storms

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by ken643, Mar 12, 2015.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

2. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Good work as always ken, love that jeep.

3. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks very muchThumbs Up

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks great. Did you put pro wings on the plow?

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

How's the jeep do with heavy, wet snow, say 6" or so? I've thought about getting 2 identical jeeps to do driveways only, but have worried about how they would do pushing uphill with heavy, wet snow…

Sure can't beat them for maneuverability though!

6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Yes I put them on about 2 years ago. They work very well. That being said I have wacked them a few times and needed some welding repairs. I also had my buddy make the wings taller welding on some steel. Keep more of the snow from rolling over the top of the wing. Could actually be a little taller yet.

7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I have been plowing with this Jeep since 2009. The Jeep is an animal. Heavy wet snow level ground no problem depending on the length of the push. Straight blade of course. Angle the blade and it will eventually push the Jeep to the side. I maintain all of my accounts so I'm not pushing a foot of snow at a clip. I have had no problems with even the occasional foot of snow push. I have the best tires I think you can buy (Blizzacks) and I have a Rubicon with locking axles, but I have only needed to lock them like once or twice. Jeeps are just flat out perfect for driveways and small parking lots. Even a large lot could be done just more trips.

8. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ken, enjoyed your videos very much. You have one bad a$$ jeep!

9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thank you very much!Thumbs Up