1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 gmc/chevy 3500 hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sle, Aug 24, 2013.

1. sle

sle Member
    from midwest

Hey just wondering, do you guys think gm will come out with a class 4-5 truck for 2015? would be nice to compete with dodge ford.
    Would be nice..
  2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

The used to have one but did not have very good sales with them. Probably because they took forever to get a 4wd option in them but they where beefey with 80K psi frames . I liked the one I tried.
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think a 4500/5500 GMC/Chevy that resembles a pickup would be a pretty good success. The Kodiak's were just to much for some guys. They towered over a Dodge or Ford 5500 and were just to big for some jobs.
  4. sle

sle Member
    from midwest

Yea I remember that..Back in 99 I was going to buy a new one and declined due to the big block 454.. Talk about a gas guzzler.
    I think that if they stuck larger brakes and 19.5 tires on the 3500, that may qualify as a class 4 or maybe 5???