1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 GMC 2500HD Fisher install

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Motorman 007, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Have any of you guys done a Fisher install on the new '15s yet? Looking to see how tough (or not) a job it might be to install the wiring harness under the hood with the new style projector headlamps...

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The 69818 harness kit is a breeze to install. No splicing of the parking lamps or turn signals... Plug and play. They recommend mounting the isolation module inside the drivers side fender on those trucks. That can be a bit of a pain, especially on the Duramax trucks with the second battery on the driver's side. The Fisher installation does require more cutting of the lower valance than the Western Ultra mount install. Overall, not too bad of an installation.

3. Thanks CI!! That's the harness I am using. Looks like I could get the ISO mod in the fender well by removing a few screws in the wheel well liner. Do you plug the harness in right there at the back of the headlamps and will the locking cover be able to be re installed? Thanks.

4. cubicinches

The locking cover over the bulbs doesn't even need to be removed to install the harness. There's one large modular plug on the back of the headlamp assembly. The harness connects right at that plug. That covers it all... low beams, high beams, turn signals, etc. As far as the module goes, you'll be able to sneak it inside the fender by removing the driver's side headlamp assembly... just a few bolts and it comes right out. Mounting the module in there requires a little ingenuity... zip ties, etc. ;)

5. Thanks I appreciate it.

6. cubicinches

Yes sir. Good luck.

7. Did the wiring harnesses today. I opted to take the air cleaner out instead of pulling the passenger side headlight assembly. Other than that pretty much plug and play....

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I was told i could not use any of my truck side equipment for my new 2015 gmc off my 04…..i have a xv ss going on the new one…

these push plates are expensive 600 bucks

9. cubicinches

The control harness and battery cable would be the only parts that you could re-use. They are not vehicle specific.

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thank you :drinkup:

11. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

u should also be able to use the 26357 11 female holes cable that goes to the plow lights trk side its the one that goes into port 2 of a 4 port module or port A in a 3 port mod AND if ur module is the 3 port 29070-1 u should be able to use that to

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  12. cubicinches

The 69818 harness kit does not use the 26357 eleven pin harness. It uses a 29860 eleven pin with integrated relays. The 26357 does not work with trucks that illuminate both low and high beam truck lamps when the high beams are on, without a 28027-2 inline adapter.

Assuming he'd have to purchase the 69818 harnesss kit anyway, the eleven pin lighting harness would be included with the kit.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  13. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

that's my mistake

14. If he has a 3 port iso mod, why couldn't he reuse that?

15. cubicinches

The 2015 uses a 29760-1, violet label module. If his stuff came of a 2004, his module would be a 29070-1, green label.

16. Mine is a 29070-1 green label from a 2013 Chevy and it appears to work fine.....

17. cubicinches

Hmmm.... Could be. But it's not the one they call for. They call the 29760-1 a "soft start" module.

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great info guys! Thanks

19. Just so I'm clear, it's not a brand new plow. I bought the entire setup off a guy who was getting rid of his 2013 2500HD and the price was just too tempting to pass up. I'm transferring all of it to my '15. Do you think that will be an issue?

20. cubicinches

Ya know... I'm not really sure. I just know that it's not the one they specify for that truck. And isolation modules are specific to the truck, not the plow. I'm going to run it by my DD rep and see what he says. Although I'm sure his response is going to be to use the correct one... Lol.