1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 F-150 Snow Plow Prep & Boss NGE

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 2015F-150, Nov 8, 2015.

1. 2015F-150

2015F-150 Junior Member

I just had an HTX plow installed on my 2015 F-150 with the show plow prep package. Regarding the "snow plow" button on the dash, the Ford Body Builders Layout book says:

"Vehicles equipped with the Snow Plow Prep option will
    include the Snow Plow Mode switch located on the
    dash. Activating Snow Plow Mode will provide 10 Amp
    B+ power to a dedicated feed for the plow controller. It
    is a blunt cut Yellow/ Orange wire, and is found taped to
    the headlamp switch harness, behind the left side of the
    driver's side dash panel. When activated, the vehicle
    will enter a special load shedding strategy to ensure
    continuous operation of the plow during periods of high
    electrical demand."

I purchased the NGE electrical system. Here is the wiring diagram:

My dealer did not utilize the 10 amp B+ power wire, so the plow button has been rendered kind of useless. If I push the button, it will load shed and protect my truck, but it's supposed to kill the power to the plow to physically prevent using the plow unless the button is pushed. The dealer said that I would loose the programming on the NGE system if it's not wired to the battery full time. Can anyone suggest an alternate way to hook this up so that I'm using the 10 amp B+ wire?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Sure, unhook where your controller is taped into and hook in up to the wires you mention .

Or take it back to the installer with what you have above and any additional info on your truck and have them do it right.

Your plow is programmed to do what?

I bet if you don't your truck is going to throw a fit when it sees the power draw from your plow.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Take it back and have them do it right. That's what you paid them to do, correct? So why should you have to mess with it?
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I glanced at the instructions it clearly states the ignition fuse circuit
  5. 2015F-150

2015F-150 Junior Member

I'm trying to find the Ford wire. Do I need to pop off the dash panel to access this?
  6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Have the dealer do it. You paid them to do it right, so make them.
  7. doolin64

doolin64 Junior Member

Yes, pull the gray dash panel down from under the steering wheel.

I just had an HTX installed yesterday at a local dealer.
  8. 2015F-150

2015F-150 Junior Member

Thanks for confirming this. I called Boss and they said the same thing, but I'm waiting for my dealer to schedule the fix so I still didn't know for sure that the wire is under there.