1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dryan117, Nov 4, 2015.

1. dryan117

dryan117 Junior Member

I have a 2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax with the 5200lb FGAWR - Fisher eMatch says I am stuck with an SD 400lb plow.

I have searched plowsite, the internet, and GM Parts sites - I am pretty sure the only difference between the 5200lb FGAWR and 6000 FGAWR is the torsion bars themselves.

Does anyone know FOR SURE? I know any comments about wheel bearings being different, or the frame, or the upper control arms, are all wrong - same parts for both trucks.

My best source of info was GM up fitter site that shows code VYU prep package details.

I also know that I'd be voiding the warranty to swap the torsion bars and put a 800lb HDX plow on the truck, but don't care.

I don't want timbrens, and doing just the keys doesn't change spring rate of the bars - only ride height.

Anyone swap torsion bars?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Even if you swap the torsion bars the dealer will only install what they want to install.

You truck will handle whatever plow you want.

3. dryan117

dryan117 Junior Member

I do my own installs, cash n carry plows from the Fisher dealer.

I doubt the 5200lb torsion bars will handle a 800lb plow without a lot of sag and bottoming over bumps.

I ordered the 6000lb torsion bars and will install with the plow.

4. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

From what I have read, even the 2500HDs have the same 6000lb. front end. The springs are the only real difference.
    You will be fine.

5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm running stock suspension and my front does not drop much at all with my plow up.

6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

We have a 2013? 2500HD (not sure if its plow preped) with a 8'6 Fisher V (non flared) and there isn't much sag

7. DaBomb6988

DaBomb6988 Member

My truck only sags an inch in front. No BS I actually measured it lol But the rear lifts about 3-4''. I think the weight of the diesel may be what's affecting your FGAWR not necessarily what torsion bar you have. I agree with above, I thought all front ends where 6000lbs.

8. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

200 bucks buy a set of timbrens and crank the bars 10 turns you will be fine. All my Max's have the plow prep and 6000 front end and I crank them 10 turns. I can't stand a truck that sags. I run a XV2 9.6 with wings and have no issues...