1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 Chevrolet

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jdfireman, Aug 21, 2014.

1. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

Anyone see a Mount yet from Western for a 2015 Chevrolet HD LTZ Diesel

Please share

thank you
    JDussmileyflag

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

It's the same mount as the 2011-2014.

Part # 69981

3. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

That's what we thought but because of the new bumper style you can't get the pins in with out cutting the steel bumper

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That doesn't sound good.

5. cubicinches

The lower portion of the bumper needs to be notched.... just as on the 11-14's. The lower portion of the 2015 bumper has steel bracing in it that needs to be cut as well, not just plastic. It's not a big deal really.

6. cubicinches

7. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

Hmmm

Just spent 2 hours at my plow place .. THe directions well seem to work in pictures dont work to well in person. Even doing the Notch there is no way to get the pin in Because the steel part of the front bumper is in the way. I don't plan on cutting my front bumper at this time. Hoping some company comes out with a fix

8. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

Now I am being told it is because of the z71 package on MY 2015 2500 HD does anyone have pictures of a install yet

TY

9. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Does z71 have different front bumper? If I remember right it's always been a b tch to put a plow on them since the last generation

Boss has the new valance cover out now.

10. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

Just spoke to Boss they make the valance for the 2015 Chevrolet now... No need to cut anything. Now do I hope western follows suit or do I get the Boss plow

11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Boss makes the valance? that sounds odd. I'll see if I can find their instructions or parts breakdown. I'd like to see that.

12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Yes they do make a something.

13. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

Is it me or are truck manufactures making it harder and harder to run plows on these trucks now days?

14. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

Truck is at the best installer I know in NJ they are working on it now... Will post more soon

15. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Just was wondering who you use for your plows. I use FDR I am Great friends with the owner.

16. Doug Clark

Doug Clark Junior Member

Hi. I can weigh in here with some insider info that lead to two points that I hope clears stuff up for everyone.

When we designed the mount instructions for the new 2015 Chevy/GMCs, we set out to minimize the damage to the bumper/valence assembly. Our engineer, who had an untirely unrelated (I swear) seperated shoulder, spent a fun month or so under a 2015 GMC figuring out a way to get the mount through without utterly destroying the valence. It took some work with Chevy on cutting permissions, but we eventually found a way to minimize the cutting but still get the receivers on, as the instructions cubicinches posted show.

That led to the point you've also noticed, which is that the receiver retaining pin is a tad snug. You can, in fact insert and remove it, but you do have to flex the valence plastic a little to do so. We decided that that was prefereable, as our typical user only puts the receiver pockets on in the fall and removes them in the spring. And this method does allow the plow to attach and detach with no interference.

We worked pretty hard to produce a minimally destructive solution to a not inconsiderable curve ball that Chevy/GMC threw. And yes, jimslawnnow, sometimes it does feel like the OEMs are testing us...

9-3 013.jpg

17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Chevy always thinking ahead......kinda like Ford and the F150.

If the truck has plow prep package, it should have a plow friendly front end

If its a 3/4 or higher truck, well its a "work truck" and should be treated as such.

18. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

All done

Thank you all for the info I got my plow done today with the help of this site and this post.
    I wish I could leave my receivers on all season but they seem to grow legs sometimes. Its rough country here in North Jersey . Now we need a locking pin lol

Here she is 2015 Chevrolet z71 LTZ Diesel with a western Wide Out

ty all
    JD

IMG_20140904_1522331.jpg

19. craigd

craigd Member

Not a bad way to drop 70k! Nice truck, man. Anyone who says they aren't jealous is lying. Came here to see how the western mounts would look on my 2015 GMC. Now i'm worried.

20. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

I will try to get Pictures of a GMC saw one today at the plow place. I will post more pics of the mount tomorrow...