1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 Chev Silverado HD Headlight Removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikefras, Dec 17, 2015.

1. mikefras

mikefras Member

Has anyone pulled the headlights on the new 2015 silverado 2500HD? There are a lot of videos of the 1500s but nothing on the 2500's. any tips or tricks to do to get the adapter harness plugged into Meyer harness?
  2. If it's anything like the fisher harness you won't have to pull the headlight assembly at all. There is a large plug on the bottom, just plug and play.
  3. mikefras

mikefras Member

I just can't figure out how to get to the plugs. Battery/wiper fluid jug in the way on driver side and air filter on passenger side. Maybe move inner fender out of the way???
  4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

When I did mine I removed the battery and fluid jug on one side, then the intake on the other.
  5. You must have the dual battery setup, on mine the battery is at the passenger side firewall. I do remember taking the air intake off though.

Mikefras, it's really easy once you access the rear of the headlights. You don't need to take out the inner fender liner at all. Do you have the wiring instructions?
  6. mikefras

mikefras Member

Dual battery indeed. The wiring instructions show the headlights sitting on the rad support. not much help in the instructions.
  7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

First you have to remove the plastic pop rivots off the plastic shroud above the radiator and take it off. Then there are bolts on top of the grille you remove. There are 3 bolts that you can see holding the light. There is a fourth bolt underneath you can't see. I took off the wheel well liner to get to it. You can then peal the plastic bumper back and access the bolt very easily.
  8. Sorry Dude, I just realized you are working on a Chevy. My GMC has the single projector style headlamps...

9. mikefras

mikefras Member

Had to remove the driver side battery and the air box.