1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 Chev Silverado Firewall entry

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikefras, Dec 8, 2015.

1. mikefras

mikefras Member

Anyone find an easy access through the fire wall on the 2015 Silverado 2500 HD? I am having a real tough time finding a spot to run the control cable into the cab.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Right above the gas pedal as high as you can get the drill in. It's easier to drill a hole there then try and use an existing hole. Kind of inline with centre console. It's hard to explain unless your under there. Lol

3. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

There's already a rubber boot there. From inside the cab it's in the top left corner.

4. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

This is a picture I found online from an 09, but it's basically the same on my 15 GMC.

IMG_1703.jpg

5. mikefras

mikefras Member

I was looking at that boot. There is so much sound insulation in the cab, I couldn't see where it was on the inside. I'll poke around there in the day light.

6. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

There's a connector junction box more or less behind the parking brake pedal. The boot is behind there, it's not really visible, you need to feel for it. I used a fiberglass fish stick to poke though. It's a little easier if you remove the nuts holding that junction box in place so you can move it some. I did not disconnect it.
    I also ran a string through tied off inside the cab and engine bay to make it easier to run additional lines as needed.

7. mikefras

mikefras Member

Thanks for the quick replies guys.
    This site is awesome for quick help and ideas.

Cheers.

8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

If its the same as the 1500 that boot is double sided .Pain in the butt to get through both sides but doable.