1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 Cab and Chassis Front Mudflaps

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MatthewG, Feb 24, 2015.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I really need some quality larger front mud flaps for my 2015 F550 XL

The stock tiny pieces of crap don't protect anything.

Does anyone have any good flaps or suggestions, I do not want to start drilling random holes in my truck just yet?

:mechanic:

2. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I got the husky for my 2014 f250. They are bigger than the stock ones but not huge. I did have to drill one hole in the wheel liner.

3. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I'm happy with my factory flaps, NOW THAT I HAVE FENDER WASHERS AND 1/4" RIVETS HOLDING THEM ON. I lost them twice last year driving back and forth through deep snow. They worked back and forth to the point that they would break the plastic rivets loose and I would get out of my truck to hit a sidewalk and look down to see my flap dangling by one rivet. Had it happen twice, once I ended up loosing the whole flap and had to replace it, NOT CHEAP for no more than they are. Metal fender washers and 1/4" metal rivets put a stop to that.

4. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Had that happen to me a few times last year and had to buy a couple of new ones. This year it just snapped right below where the plastic fasteners are so i have to buy another new one. Do you have a pic of how you attached them?

5. derekslawncare

Went out and snapped 3 photos with my phone, but like everyone else, I can't figure out how to upload them to this site. PM me with a cell # or an email and I will text them or email them to you.

I really wish they would do something to make uploading photos easier on here. I should be able to open the photo, left click and drag it straight into the upload search box.

6. derekslawncare

Holy cow. I figured it out. Only had to email myself from my phone, open email on computer, copy photos from email to computer so that I could then search my computer to upload attachments. Boy that was easy. :realmad::realmad::realmad:

20150227_074014.jpg

20150227_074030-1.jpg

20150227_074040.jpg

7. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Thanks! Did you pre drill any holes for the rivets or just use the existing holes?

8. derekslawncare

No drilling. All through the existing holes. Same size rivet as from the factory, just aluminum instead of plastic. I also put washers on the inside as well in order to spread the force of the rivet out. Seems to be working fine so far, no troubles. You will need a big rivet gun to handle the rivets. Mine is air powered, but you can get the manual ones. If you don't want to buy the tool, you can probably get a local shop to do it. Tell them you want the 1/4" metal rivets used for window motors and tracks in car doors.