1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 3500 Chevy plow install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tleffelman, Feb 27, 2016.

1. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

Question for you guys and it's probably already been answered somewhere in here but if you guys could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Is there a gromet to remove in the firewall to bring the wiring through. If not where would you drill the hole. Any help would be awesome thanks

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

From under dash look up straight and to the right of gas pedal. Right where the black plastic meets the steel you can drill a hole through fire wall. Turned out great on my 15 and that's where my dealer does all installs.

3. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

IMG_4403.jpeg
    Is it right here thanks
    Thoght the pic would post but havnt figured that out yet

4. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

If I could figure out how to post a pic I would post where I think I should drill the hole

5. tom18287

tom18287 Member
    from Boston

theres a rubber pass through, you cut through that and feed the wires thru.

6. tleffelman

tleffelman Junior Member
    from il

Can you tell me where that is in the truck or a picture would be awesome. Going to try and do the install tommorow. Thanks for the replies

7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Look from under the hood. There is a big black rubber plug near the brake booster. That passes through right into the passenger compartment near the gas/brake pedal area.