1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 2500HD Chevy 3 wire X Blade-lights will not switch over.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Yaz, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I had my old 8' X Blade (3 wire) moved from on 05 DMax onto my new 2015 gas Chevy so everything in the truck is new (3 port module and all). I used the truck on my first storm and all went great but when it got dark I noticed the plow lights stopped working (they worked when i first got the truck last month) To be clear, only the truck lights were on. All the pins are clean. Odd thing is that i disconnected the plow light harness the plow will not angle, so I'm thinking a ground issue?.. Dealer did the install and I don't want to deal with them again since it's been back for the plow when they first did it because it was only working with the breaks on.. yeah, they are amature plow installers. I was thinking if any Fisher guys out there have ideas what to looking at first.. switch over relay etc. I'll just save myself the trouble of sitting around all day while these guys start bending plug connectors as they did the first time when they miss wired this looking for a open in a connector.:yow!:

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

New sig should be 2015 2500HD LTZ gas , 8' SS X- Blade .. I'll fix it in a few.

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

well it does sound like a ground issue, I would say bad port a cable, where in nh?

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Nashua and you? I'm wondering what the two small relays do that are external to the 3 port control box. I'm going to see if I can find the wiring diagram

5. unhcp

Dover

What color is your module?

6. unhcp

those are on the port a cable and help swap the lights over

7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Plow won't work with the light harness unplugged because the ground circuit is completed in that loop,the relays keep the low beams from coming on when you call for high beam(which your truck allows for brighter light) I believe they were worried about additional heat in the plow light housing with combined high and low.
    Was the plow working up to this point?

8. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Plow still works fine. It just never click over to the plow lights. i remember on my old truck as soon as plugged my light harness I could here a click like a relay when the truck was running and the plow lights went right on. Nothing with this new one.

9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

:drinkup:wesport

I fixed it.. but why it blew is a mystery. It seams one 15A fuse blew on an external double fuse holder near port B at the control module.

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sorry I ment 10A fuse but couldn't edit my own post above.. :yow!: