1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015 2500HD another electrical issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by k7iou, Jan 12, 2016.

1. k7iou

k7iou Junior Member

I am posting this because I cannot find a description of the previous posting "2015 2500HD electrical issue fixed".

My issue reared its ugly head today.
    2000 miles on truck with Fisher 8'6" V2 plow.
    When loading the truck electrical system, i.e. raising the plow the DIC and dash display goes black, momentarily the DIC displays a key and Service..... then comes back to life. It does it so intermittently and fast I couldn't get a handle on it.
    I called my dealer (Fisher) and he relayed thru the person that answered the phone its a GM issue and they have a fix for it.
    I called my local dealer where I purchased the truck and talked to the service manager and he said he hasn't heard of this issue and they mostly use BOSS and haven't seen the issue on them indicating its must be a Fisher issue.
    Is this the issue that was posted in the other posting "Fixed"?
    Anyone have a TSB on it? I've searched TSB's and haven't located one.
    Yes my truck has the snowplow package with 200A alternator.
    Thanks
    p.s. the service manager suggested I add the dual battery due to the plow. I only plow my residence about 4/10's of a mile.

2. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

yes - same issue

a 2nd battery will NOT make a difference

it can happen with any brand plow ...

as the other post says - turn on all your electric options and it may NOT occur while plowing

it does not seem to damage the truck - though time may tell different

3. k7iou

k7iou Junior Member

Ok, with the help of Google and going to www.gmupfitters.com I located the UI Bulletin #124
    I checked inside my truck and the harness wasn't there so I will call my dealer in the morning and have them get the harness.
    Thanks plowsite!

Attached Files:

4. Don't know why you couldn't find the thread. It's been very active the past few weeks and its directly below your thread on the Fisher page....

5. k7iou

k7iou Junior Member

I sifted through the other thread and couldn't located the issue or contact information. I was using my iPhone and couldn't join the thread either. I then got the laptop and was able to join. Unless intentional I think there are features lacking with the mobile website. I even tried "full view" and nothing changed. But all is good now. Thanks

6. k7iou

k7iou Junior Member

Got my truck fixed at the dealer last week. They ordered and installed the harness from gmupfitters.com as Nate couldn't no longer send it directly to the customer.
    GM or Fisher wouldn't supply a weather pack plug for the harness as my plow has a 1 minute disconnect in front of the bumper.
    So I ordered 2 pairs of these from ebay $10
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/262234538689
    I had the dealer run the harness to the front of bumper where the Fisher harness plugs in to plow. One lead connects to B+ on solenoid and other to Negitive on the plow motor. The next day we had 6" of wet snow, I plowed for 2 hours without any issues.
    The harness-relay corrects the issue of the 220A alternator overshooting the voltage of the display computer causing it to reset. When the plow motor is engaged the harness supplies power to the relay disconnecting the alternator circuit. In effect the ecm (engine control module) doesn't see the plow load, so in effect no momentary overshoot of charge voltage when the plow motor disengages. The extra plug pair is used to seal the plugs when plow is disconnected. Don't forget to add dielectric grease to the plugs for corrosion resistance.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016