1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015-2016 snow removal service bid

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Jarena, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Jarena

Jarena Junior Member

Hi, I'm new to the snow removal scene and I'm bidding on a couple apartment contracts and I could use some help. The owner has asked for bids in the following formats:

Seasonal contract rate inclusive of all
    Seasonal contract rate with caps
    Per storm by increments of depths
    Per storm, hourly

I am located in Boston, Ma. Last year we had over 100 inches of snow, and it's predicted to be worse this year. The total square footage I will be plowing is 10,540. Also will be snow blowing, shoveling, salting sanding walkways as needed. There are so many variables and I'd like advice so I can cover all my bases. My skid steer will also be used to move snow if it piles up like last year and I may have to haul out snow as well in my dump. How do you account for all these variables? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Like in blackjack, you either hit or stand every time on the same number. You tell you him you only bid one way. Seasonal or per push, you offer one type of bid,stand or fall with it.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You have enough equipment to handle this endeavor?
  4. Jarena

Jarena Junior Member

Yes I have enough equipment
  5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Wait, there is 10,500sqft of parking in Boston?

Bid on avg with cap and then give hourly charge for skid/hauling.

After cap, 100 bucks per inch plowing. It can't take that long to plow.
  6. Jarena

Jarena Junior Member

Ok so which way makes me the most money? Seasonal or per storm?
  7. Jarena

Jarena Junior Member

I should add its a one inch trigger
  8. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

That depends on how much you bid either one for and how much snow you get.
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We both could bid the on this lot and my bid could be lower then yours but I could still make more then you. All about time and expenses.
  10. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

All stacking or hauling off is an additional charge and billed hourly.
  11. Joseph35

Joseph35 Junior Member

What area in Boston is the complex? Depending on the area is the availability of salt and dumps to take snow which can determine if you can haul or need to bring in trucks. Is there a lot of vehicles parked in the lot? Is there a requirement to come back the following day to clean up?