1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2015-2016 Ohio Snow & Ice Thread

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Young Pup, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Not going to mess around this year. New season new thread. Let the fun begin.

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

What's the predictions for this winter? Good for the seasonal guys, or good for the per push guys? We grabbed 3 really nice per push accounts that will more than cover anything the seasonal may go over on.

Bring on the snow! (in 2 inch increments, starting at 10PM and ending at 2AM)

3. Young Pup

Honestly I have not looked to much into yet. From what I seen so far 50/50 shot of a good year. I will look this week. By the end of this month quite a few like to have a good grasp of what is coming up. It will be interesting to see Ohio Valley Forecasting outlook that is for sure. :)

4. John_DeereGreen

I've seen him post several times so far that it's still too early to call, but that he feels that people calling for strong el nino bringing warmer and lower precip isn't the way he's thinking it'll go.

I have a hard time seeing 3 good winters in a row, personally.

5. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

6. Young Pup

I seen a couple of Josh's posts. It will be interesting to watch this season unfold. :) Hoping for another good year. Customers are probably hoping for a mild one. :)

7. John_DeereGreen

Yeah, it'll be interesting. I'd like to see an average season, but over a lot of events. 2 of our new biggest per push accounts have a 1 inch trigger. So we're all sitting around praying for an inch of snow at a time. Full plow/salt at an inch...easy money and a lot less labor.

8. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

Anybody got any or know where to find concrete bin blocks? Redoing our salt storage. None of the ready mix producers around us have any, and one that does, will never return calls. HELP!

9. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

Any one have a 4l80e laying around for a decent price?

10. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

I've got a 3 acre mfg plant in Trotwood I'd like to sub out the plowong on. PM me if you'd like to talk. Near Salem shopping area there

11. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I assume that's a tranny?

12. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

Yes mine is working just shifting super hard and am trying to buy another truck so can't afford a rebuild

13. Bossman 92

Help me out here is that a chevy tranny? I have a few plow trucks we are parting out so I may have something

14. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

Yes Chevy tranny for 3/4 to 1 ton. Truck is a 99

15. Bossman 92

We are parting out a 97 chevy k2500. Tranny was rebuilt a few years ago and as far as I know still works fine. Probably has less than 15k since the rebuild. If you want I can check numbers and see if it matches what you are looking for. Only parting it out cause the old girl has frame issues and is no longer able to be a lot truck any more.

16. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

How much I may take motor too

17. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

Motor would be put in a 94 if it'll work

18. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Checking in Guys....

John i can check with a buddy on the blocks if i remember tomorrow.

19. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

I found some 4x2 from buckeye ready mix in delaware for $50 a piece. I don't think I can beat that anywhere that close to me. But check it out if you think about it.

20. Young Pup

Going to be a little chilly this weekend. Still waiting on contracts to come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.