Snow Plowing Forum banner

2014 Tundra Fisher 7'6" vs. 8' HD2 - Set me straight.

Tags
mercer_me
11K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  RandomMOJO 
#1 ·
Alright loyal Tundra folks here's the story.

I just got a 2014 Tundra DC limited. Was a Chevy guy for a while and I've been in a Wrangler unlimited for the last 3 years and NEEDED a truck again. One reason is to plow my and my family's driveways

So I have a pair of Bilstein 6112 for the front, like the 5100 with adjustment but comes with 650 pound coils and enormous 61mm shocks. Planning on getting 2.5" in the front. I also will be putting 5100's in the rear and I have already had an add-a-leaf added. Timbrens are also sitting in my kitchen waiting to go on.

I'm a Fisher guy, and I know the tundra is a 1/2 ton. I'm pretty well set on a new Fisher HD2. I'm confident the Tundra can handle the weight, especially with the suspension upgrades, Timbrens, and ballast.

Here's the question. I thought I wanted the 7'6" HD2 but I'm worried about running over my rows too much. I also don't think the 7'6" has as much resale as the 8'. The difference in weight is 50 pounds and the 8' comes standard with a 1/2" cutting edge where the 7'6" comes with a 3/8" cutting edge.

Which do I get? I'm truly torn and need some advice

See less See more
#27 ·
RandomMOJO;2058737 said:
I did it... 8' HD2 is bought and getting installed on Wednesday. 717 lbs of plowing glory!

Pictures to follow, maybe a new thread!
Good for you! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

#28 ·
RandomMOJO;2058737 said:
I did it... 8' HD2 is bought and getting installed on Wednesday. 717 lbs of plowing glory!

Pictures to follow, maybe a new thread!
Nice job!!!! I'm jealous!!! I've been seriously thinking about selling my 7'6'' SD and putting the money towards a new 8' HD2. If I could go back when I first bought my plow, I would of got the 8' HD instead of the 7'6'' SD. After last winter, I could really use the extra length and weight. Don't get me wrong, the 7'6'' SD is a great plow, I love it, but it doesn't compare to the 8' HD or HD2. Good luck buddy, hope to see some pics soon!!

#29 ·
What a bunch of great info on here guys! I was going for a Snowdogg VMD75 but now I realize I need 8' (Thank frig for proof reading. I almost typed 8"):eek:

#31 ·
Fantastic

What a great investment! The Tundra carries this plow with EASE! I would definiftely say that the the Front Suspension upgrade is a must. I dont know if I would trust just a leveling kit to hold the extra weight of the HD2 but the Bilstein 6112's are AMAZING. Im sure the 5100 series would have been fine as well, but Im glad I went with what I did.

As for the plow, bigger really is better. I have only had it out a couple of times but it scrapes fantastically!!!

How the heck do I post pictures? Ill try and get on that. It looks mean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.