1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 Silverado

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BD1, Dec 28, 2014.

1. BD1

BD1 Member

2. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

Nice to see you finally got it on! How did the install go?

3. BD1

BD1 Member

Took forever to get a mount, Powells equipment installed it, got the RC 2.5" front /rear leveling kit installed first. They did not want to cut the valance so the mount was set at 8.5", I moved it up to the next hole which raised it too a little over 9.5". I did have to cut the valance across

4. BD1

BD1 Member

5. geist262

geist262 Member

How do you like the rear leveling kit? Is the truck level with both F/R installed or does it have some rake to it? I had the front 2.5 RC level installed and left the rear out. I just had a western midweight installed at Powells. I live pretty close to you. Mt. Cobb.

Thanks.
    Nice plow BTW.

6. BD1

BD1 Member

I live in Windsor Hill. It is almost an 1", I was told to install the rear block that way if u add ballast to the rear. Do u have any pics of yours

7. geist262

geist262 Member

I'm at work at the moment, but I plan on putting in timbrens for the sagging from 500lbs of ballast. I'll get photos later on.

8. BallzeeOne

BallzeeOne Junior Member

[​IMG]

I put a 7.6 Boss Super Duty on my 1500. Beefed up the front end with Timbren SES kit and Rough Country Levelers. Also Tims in rear as well with 1 in lift. I did everything I could to help the truck. This thing pushes like a boss!!

Love it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  9. midwaytowing

midwaytowing Junior Member

looks nice

10. bobsully5

bobsully5 Junior Member
    from 02050

Thanks for your pictures, I am thinking of putting a Snowdogg on my 2014 Silverado 5.3 4 by 4. I never had a 4by4 till this one. I have been a heavy equipment operator for 44 years, an plowed more snow than I care to remember. When I get home now I start my 1969 Ariens snow blower an do my yard for my 2 dogs then my drive way. It is like a little bulldozer nothing will stop it but I am 70 years old an it is getting a little much after plowing a big storm. We have had over 66 inch so far this year, more tonight an more the next day. Have you had any problems with your truck? Did you put snow tiers on your truck?
    Thanks for any help you can give me . This is my first post.

11. BD1

BD1 Member

Trucks been good, stock tires

12. bobsully5

bobsully5 Junior Member
    from 02050

silverado

Thanks for the quick reply. The reason I asked if you had any problems is I think I do with the generator, it all most always charges at 15.3. I was always told they should charge more than 13.6. I checked mind with a volt meter The dealer says there is no problem Any thoughts on this ?
    bob

13. BD1

BD1 Member

I'm is over 14

14. jedi1

jedi1 Junior Member

Bd1, where did you run your connectors, couldn't see in your mount pic?

15. BD1

BD1 Member

They come out of the grill