1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 silverado

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Chevycrazyman, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Chevycrazyman

Chevycrazyman Junior Member
    from Mass

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Already a discussion on this but whatever.....Silverado is growing on me, Sierra is DAMN fine

3. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I just don't like it....I like the current model....However I will wait on GMC

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Thats beautiful, aren't silverados and sierras the same truck (minor differences?)

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Both have horrible wheel wells. And the interior is lacking compared to Dodge/Ford.

6. jhall22guitar

From my experience as a teen with all 3 makes, between me and my dad.

Ford - nice, but the engine kept blowing up even after the ford dealer repaired it (3-4 times and under 95K miles)

Dodge - rust

Chevy/GMC - holding up, good engine, not as nice interior

7. M & MD Lawn

Yea the GMC and Chevy are the same...but usually the GMC and Chevy has some different style cues. I have friends that own Dodge and Ford and they tell me they like the chevy interior better than theirs and they say its a better ride. I personally prefer Chevy/GMC overall.

However this new one, i think I will need to see it in person to make a final decision.

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  9. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

You have to watch there unveil. I think moter trend has it on there website. Both trucks are to differnt to an extent. I always had GMC and will wait for the HD to come out. I have had 3 trucks. Since 2007 we have switched to all GM trucks. All HD's. Some gas, some diesel. They have been great for me. They handle the boss plows, the snow ex sanders, the trailers with equipment very well thus far. My personal truck /work truck will be traded when the HD's come out. I have a 2003 chevy, then a 07,08,09,mine is an 11. We run trucks to the 150K range. So besides tires, I am in need of a starter though on the 03 right now and battery, knock on wood we have been going great.

10. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

Cool - old superduty front end is back

11. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I like it for the most part. I think the fenders look too much like the GMC Terrain.

I like the gauges on the dash but hate the stereo area.

12. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Not sure about the interior, but x2 on the wheel wells. I'm a Ford guy through and through but that grill/front view looks good. Then you see the side view...

13. Theplower

Theplower Junior Member

The Wheel Wells looks very... square.
    [​IMG]

14. ShadeScapesInc.

ShadeScapesInc. Member
    from midwest

ugggly. Looks like they stole styling from a tonka truck

15. M & MD Lawn

I could be bias here....but I like the GMC better...I would buy it before the Chevy...I didn't feel this way about the last model I liked the Chevy better.

16. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

framing square wheel wells. gross

17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Just when I thought the front end couldn't get any lower....

18. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Looking forward to the Sierra HD's myself also. The 1500's look awesome.

19. jhall22guitar

I actually really like the truck. Myself being a Chevy owner, and my father now a GMC owner, I would take either.

20. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

I'm waiting to see pictures of the WT and not the $50k commuter truck for an accountant.