1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 Silverado 1500 lower bumper in way?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ianscape, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Ianscape

Ianscape Junior Member

I have a MM1 7.5' set up on my 2014 Silverado 1500 LT2 and was wondering if anyone was having any issues with the mm1 or mm2 head gear pushing the license plate bracket all the way back?

I installed the pushplates and cut the bumper as per the instructions from Fisher that included their update for the 2014/15 Silverados but I am still getting the lower bar pushing back the lower bumper between the pushplates.

Possibly the mm1 is just slightly clearance different than mm2?
  2. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

The jack leg support bracket is likely the culprit,it always hits on bumpers that a mm2 would clear.
  3. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

My '15 2500 has the license plate bracket modified to allow the headgear to clear. I'm not sure exactly how the installer did it but it would have hit if not. I know there was a post a few weeks ago about the same issue but here is the photo I took again.
  4. Ianscape

Ianscape Junior Member

Tim, that is exactly what is hitting.

Joe thanks for the pics. I think what I may end up doing is cutting the bumper filler more and putting the plate bracket on some sprung hinges....or just zip tie the plate to the grill.
  5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

you could always bring your plow to the welder and have him cut the support off and weld two pieces on ether side so there is nothing infront of the plate.I wouldn't zip tie the plate to the grill because you will have less air flow to the radiator