1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 Silverado 1500 "4WD Off"

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ianscape, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Ianscape

Ianscape Junior Member

Looking to see if anyone with a 14/15 Silverado has had any instances by their 4wd has turned off while plowing. I have gone all season with no issues until last week when I was cleaning up the driveway in 4wd low. After about 10 min the DIC chimed and said "4WD Off" and went into 2wd. After letting the truck sit for about 15 min I would be able to get it back into 4wd, but again shortly later it would kick out. Transmission was about 190° and voltage at 14. Air temp was ~30ish.

Truck went to Berlin City on Tuesday for scheduled maintenance and I mentioned the 4wd turning off and they had not experienced the issue. Doing the check they found the front differential seal to be blown on the top and leaking. They attributed this to the computer cutting the 4wd out. Seal was Sela of to not have been seated properly at the factory. Fixed, filed, and the tech could not reproduce the issue. Picked it up last night.

Got the plow on the truck tonight to prep for tonight's storm band attempted to scrape some snow pack on the driveway. Made the first pass in 4wd High and went to stack it at the end of the driveway and ding ding the DIC comes off and the 4wd cut a out.

Most likely will bring it back up with the plow on it layer next week but I just wanted to see if there were any similar experiences.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  2. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

I don't have a plow on my 2015 1500 but it has similar electrical issues. Has shifted out of 4wd on several occasions. Looses power to 8" touch screen at least on time a week and looses complete interior sound (no door chime, radio, turn signal). Dealer can't reproduce. At fist the issues only happened at -5 degrees and below, now it has issues at all temps. Last week while on the freeway doing 75mph I lost all gauges, lights, and radio. After I stopped in parking lot and cycled key everything went back to normal. Made in Mexico quality!!