1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 Sierra HD 2500 - Is this new stuff ... ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cosmic Charlie, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

SUSPENSION
    Sierra 2500HD delivers a smoother ride with a fully independent coil-over-shock front suspension and 3-inch wide multistage rear leaf springs, that engage progressively as the load in the bed or the hitch increases.

VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
    For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:

Monitoring and opening and closing valves for near peak levels of torque across the entire range of engine speeds

http://www.gmc.com/sierra-2500hd-pi...BP-Exact_|_2014-2500_|_2014 gmc sierra 2500hd

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Someone messed up on the suspension. On the specs page, it says torsion bar.

3. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

& no extended cab ?

http://www.autotrader.com/2014-GMC-Sierra+2500HD.jsp?modelId=26114[/url]

& the 2014 2500 HD keeps the old 2013 Dash (?)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Two drive coilovers?

5. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Thres nothing new about a 2014 2500-3500 , its all new on a 1500 2014.

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

And the reason for no extended cabs is because the plant that does that was retooled to make the new half tons

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Just built my "dream truck" over 62,000 dollars. HAHA!

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Add another couple of grand for lights.....5K for plow...it would be a sweet ride.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes it would be, but not justifiable.

10. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I'm looking at new 3/4 and 1 ton trucks myself. I didn't think I would, but I actually like the extended cab models but can't find any locally setup the way I like. I didn't think it was a big deal until I looked at both GMC and Chevy web sites and saw that they're not making them for 2014.

Maybe I'll get lucky when it's time for me to buy and I'll be able to really search harder and find one I can live with. When I'm dropping that much coin.....I want what I want.

NYH1

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If your dream truck is a diesel, you can add another 20K to that price in Canada. :help:

12. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe try a Dealer locate...They might find you what you are looking for..In another state..

13. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

There are tons of leftover '13 extended cabs here in IN, you can get a crazy deal on one as they simply do NOT sell here, its crew cab or nothing around here! Get on Autotrader and do some searching. Hare Chevrolet in Noblesville IN is the dealer with a lot of sharp snow plow prep ext cabs, not a fan of the dealer but they have the configuration you are after.