1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 Ram 2500 HD Boss Mount Problems????

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by peterk800xc, Apr 14, 2014.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Stopped by at my Boss Dealer and priced a new Boss Plow for the truck.He tells me that they are having a mount problem because Ram decided to do something different to some steering arm or linkage this year and it hits the mount for the plow. They said it should be fixed by Fall. Anyone else hear of what this problem is?
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I have a '13 Ram 2500 and bought a Snowdogg. They had to make me wait while they changed their mount because something had changed from '12 to '13. Hard to believe they changed something else again, but I guess it's possible. They'll get it figured out for you though, it only took them about ten days to make a mount for mine.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Diesel or gas drive? The frame changed in 13 for the diesel with a late change for the gassers, 14 for both gassers and diesel.

Could be your dealer doesn't have the proper revision. Boss keeps part numbers and revises them as trucks evolve. If you have rear coils you should have at least a revision "D" for a 2014 Dodge AKA; LTA04770D
  4. peterk800xc

Thank you

Mine is a 14 Gas. Hopefully have it figured out by Fall! Thanks Thumbs Up
  5. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Usually the factory and plow manufactures bounce info off each other so these things don't happen. Buddy of mine told me they communicate so they can have plow prep packages that include warranties for snow plowing with a diesel. Im sure they'll get it worked out by the fall! Or if all else fails you can fab a mount yourself!
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Boss has it figured out :non: We've installed mounts on 2014 gas and diesels. Your dealer maybe waiting for his preseason order to show up.
  7. peterk800xc

Thanks again

Great to hear.I am having it done in August after the Dealer gets his bew stuff in for the upcoming Winter. On the 14 Gas models, is there alot of plastic cutting of any panels to install the mount?
  8. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

I was wondering about trimming the lower valance also?