1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 ram 2500 ctd is a turd...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by CornerStoneProp, Feb 22, 2015.

1. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

Backing up not doing anything at all I got a trans code for improper ratio in reverse truck in limp mode stuck in 4th gear. Ram for sale soon! Second time for improper ratio code with no load on the truck. Should have got a Ford I never had these problems with the old truck.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Don't let Mark read that...LoL

That sucks, what was the problem last time?
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

0700, P0740 ,P0732?etc there are a couple of different ones .

Incorrect ratio is a sign of slippage. Could be as simple as your C2 clutch seal torn or leaking, but requires a tear down to get to it. Did it not go into limp mode? Shifting from 1 to 4. Are you tuned? Adding extra power?
    stopping before shifting?

if it's P0732 this indicates slippage within the trans while in 2nd gear.

Best first step (in my opinion) would be to have a dealer read your DTC Event Data.
    as you have a warranty?

your truck should have either 3 or 6 blocks of DTC Event Data, so you may have multiple sets of data for the P0732.

In each set of DTC Event Data, look at the turbine (input) and output speeds, the line pressure, and the desired line pressure. I would also note the state of the 2C pressure switch. It would be best to have them just print the entire set of each bank of DTC Event Data.

good luck.
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

It's under warranty who cares, bring it in and get it fixed and don't worry about it
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Limp it over to the Ford dealer and trade it in.Tell them it never plowed before.:)
  6. CornerStoneProp

It is p0736 and p0876. It is under warranty always stop before shift only 8800 miles. It did go into limp stuck in 4th gear still waiting on tow not going to drive it as it is. Barely goes in reverse. Completely fqctory no tuner connected use torque app on phone to scan codes.
  7. CornerStoneProp

Exactly what I was thinking how is the 6.7?
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have 6.2 gasser 2012 Great ruck.
  9. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

P0876 is a UD Pressure Switch Rationality fault. This means the UD pressure switch was in the wrong state (open when it should be closed, or vice versa). This can be caused by a number of different problems ( causes could be a bad wiring connection, low line pressure, cut check ball, etc.).

If it's going into limp-in right when you first start it (and displaying "4" in the PRNDL instead of "D"), then you are blowing some kind of electrical fault at start-up.

P0736 = Gear Ratio Error in Reverse, which means you are slipping a clutch in the trans when you're in Reverse. There are two clutches used in Reverse (reverse input, and LR [Low-Reverse]). Could be either one that's slipping.

just for discussion what gear ratio do you have (4:10-3:73 etc) and do you push it hard in reverse with a heavy load?

Are those the only codes?

Why? if you have a P0882 fault (which indicates the loss of 12V feed to the trans and TCM from the trans relay), it will ALSO cause a bunch of other faults (typically P0846, P0871, P0876, P0869, and P0988). If you have a P0882 fault you need to go after that one first.
  10. CornerStoneProp

Those are the only codes I found with the torque app. It is a 3.42 read end. It is now at the stealership there problem lol. Maybe they can just keep it lol. And yes it had a 4 on the dash and felt like it was starting in a high gear.
  11. CornerStoneProp

Almost forgot to say thanks for the info sorry frusterated
  12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

This post was stolen almost word for word right from the site below :rolleyes:

(I became suspicious when I noticed many of the words were spelled correctly.)
  13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Boy this sure sounds familiar too!

14. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

I knew my troll , I mean" Coach," AKA ,MR. Perfect, didn't have me on ignore.

What a troll,
    Only he complains about free help

All of the info is correct isn't it.
    Just like some folks we know, who regulate gleamed info ,
    whom you give praise...

The code description for a code is the discription from the manual.

And said guy had a hand in the manual.

So Roy, why don't you go and plow your customers dog into the pile, then brag about it.
    Let the men talk.

Ps I know your miffed , that I went my own way......
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  15. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Roy, Roy, Roy,

When will you grow up?
    Does it make you fell better, more superior, because you can spell better than I ?

Sure , at times, I will use cut and paste, as manuals are more precise than I.
    A big reason, i do so at times is exactly what you say is my " spelling".

I'll share a little, as I'm to old to be embarrassed by it.
    I'm dyslexic. yup. dyslexic.
    I can prof read it a doz times, it doesn't matter.

I can spell words out verbally but when it is written I will think that I spelled it correctly when it isn't as I'm dyslexic.

so. how ya doing.:waving:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

sensing some bad blood here.
  17. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Spilled blood dries.

Hey I have a 2003 1 ton Ford diesel, I will trade :)
  18. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Sounds like you need a new tech not a new truck. Why didn't they fix it the first time.
  19. CornerStoneProp

They detected the code but the CEL went out on its own and did not happen again until today. Just figures I needed my truck today so I had to scramble.
  20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's for sure...............I never had any problem with Torqshifts..................or weekly reflashes on my 6.0's.................or Ford who couldn't have given a rat's ass about servicing their customers......................or Ford dealers who didn't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

Cuz there was that awesome mystery downshift: 45-50 MPH and it would drop into second gear. Can't find anything, sorry, you're SOL.

Or the TSB for grease seals leaking on 450\550's that 2 dealers replaced 3 times and still leaked, so I paid a shop to fix it and never had another problem with it.

Or the rear end vibration in my F350 caused by an improperly installed shim on the carrier bearing. I brought the TSB in, told them it only happened with a trailer and these idiots proceeded to reflash the engine.

Or, the one Ford dealer I never tried here in town. My BIL had a new 6.7, his second one as my niece totalled the first one. First one was great, never had a problem with it. Second one never had the power the first one did, numerous problems, had it in 6 times in the first 7,000 miles. They kept telling him everything was within specs. Until it SEIZED up. Sat for a week before they looked at it, then the ******* service writer told him they couldn't diagnose anything until they got it started. He finally lemon lawed it because they couldn't get it fixed in less than 60 days. And they wanted to rebuild it. A truck with 7K miles on it, they couldn't fix and wouldn't put a brand new engine in it.

Yeah, I really want to deal with the idiots at Ford with another brand new truck. Ya know, because I'm a masochist.