1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 JKU hitch upgrade

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by NJKCM883, Dec 18, 2016.

1. NJKCM883

NJKCM883 Junior Member

Good morning everyone,

I recently invested in a 2017 Honda Hss1132ATD (prob close to 310lbs loaded with gas) I planned on carrying on the hitch rack i currently have (Maxxtow aluminum rack, 48"L x 30" wide with a 40" ramp) It worked great on my dads silverado but i am still skeptical about the racks strength although its listed for 500lb capacity. I am looking for a few pointers, Does anyone know of or have fabbed up a beefier receiver hitch for the JKU or bumper with beefed up hitch. The quadratec one i currently have is rated for 350lb tongue so i am RIGHT at the limited with the blower on it. The reason i am asking for a beefed up hitch is id like to get a stronger/probably heavier carrier for the operation.

All input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kyle