1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 F250 leveling kit

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by green frog, Dec 1, 2014.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Any one put a one inch leveling kit on the front of there newer f250
    If so do you have picks? Mine has fx4 package and has a decent rake forward and with plow on is a bit worse.

2. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Did you get the plow package with the truck? Should give you a rack toward the rear ~2"

If not, I'd get a set of higher rate coils. Mine setup with a 6.2 Crew Cab are 5940# springs.

3. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Also, are you running anything for Ballast?

I've got ~1k on the front of the truck plow/brackets and 760# of sand in the rear. Took about 450# of sand to really level the truck out.

4. green frog

green frog Senior Member

It was listed as plow prep package but also has fx4 with the truck sits acout a inch higher all the way around. Is there a web side i can enter the vin to see which coils i have? I had to put 350 pounds of ballast in but my plow is only 850 lbs

5. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

it sounds to me like your truck is right on. every truck will need about that much ballast. for my 1000# plow on my 350 i need 450 to level it out. you can always upgrade them but it sounds like your setup is right, although i may be wrong. im not an expert.

6. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Take a look at 'SPR' on your door tag...

Front Springs
    AA — 5C34-5310-AMD, 7,000 lb
    BB — 5C34-5310-ALD, 6,500 lb
    CC — F81A-5310-AHD, 6,000 lb
    DD — F81A-5310-AGD, 5,600 lb
    EE — F81A-5310-EA, coil
    FF — F81A-5310-FA, coil
    GG — F81A-5310-GA, coil
    HH — F81A-5310-HA, coil
    II — F81A-5310-RA, coil
    JJ — F81A-5310-SA, coil
    KK — F81A-5310-TA, coil
    TT — F81A-5310-AFD, 5,200 lb
    VV — F81A-5310-AED, 4,800 lb
    YY — F81A-5310-UA, coil
    ZZ — 2C34-5310-WA, coil
    Rear Springs
    BB — 5A975, leaf
    CC — 5A975, leaf
    DD — 5A975, leaf
    FF — 5560, leaf
    HH — 5A975, leaf
    JJ — 5A975, leaf
    KK — 5A975, leaf
    NN — 5A975, leaf

7. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Sweet, I have LLCC. 6000 front and 7000 rear. Good to know, even though it says the weights there also.

8. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

The fx4 does not change ride height. It's just skid plates ,same junk shocks painted white with red fake hard plastic boots ,and stickers. We have 2 2011 350's my brother put a 2" leveling kit on his and that leveled it. Not sure a 1" would be worth it. If you decide to level it just do the 2" and after a season or 2 of carrying a plow the springs will settle to the 1" height. My last truck was an 07 350 with a 4" rancho lift and I replaced the springs a couple of time to keep the height where I wanted it. Coil springs are cheap and easy to swap out so going to a heavier spring would be the easiest fix.

9. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

FX4 nets you the skids and rear e-locker... not a bad option ;)

10. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

E locker is sweet. Used it a few times already instead of 4wd. Nice to have off road on a jobsite

11. magnatrac

We have the locker on both of our trucks. I use it in the summer the most pulling the boat out of the water on wet ramps. It isn't actually part of the fx4 package. They make you buy that along with different tires once you choose the fx4 option.

12. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Sorry, you're right. It's been a while since I priced one of these out...

[​IMG]

13. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Well the front has 5600 lb springs and rear has 6100 springs. So would i be better off putting a 2 inch spacer in or the heavier duty springs? Will the heavy springs kill the ride? Rear is fine the most i pull is zero turn mowers with trailer weighs 4000 lbs

14. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

What does you door tag give you for your FGAWR?

15. magnatrac

It is a solid axle work truck ,the ride quality shouldn't be a major concern? It will never have a "good" ride so to speak. Unless you really want a taller truck just go with the heavier springs. As I mentioned above in time springs will settle. The spacer will not help you carry more weight ,but the new springs will. We currently have 2 2011 diesel 350's a reg cab and crew short box. Same springs on both the crew rides better than the regular cab due to wheel base. Now if you buy a full lift system you can get an awesome ride out of a super duty but that's another story ! Before you swap springs or add a spacer try more weight in the bed. Most important make sure you have the weight locked in at the back of the bed.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  16. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

5600 lb springs are he heavy springs in a gasser , 6k is for diesels.

17. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

FX 4 adds hill descent control on SRW. - maybe that's what you were thinking of instead of the e locker differential.

18. Allstar_Inc

Allstar_Inc Junior Member

I just went from 5600 pound springs in my 14 F250 to 6500 pound springs, I also have the FX4 package at the lariat trim level. The heavier springs didn't kill the ride and I and I couldn't even tell they were there until I hooked up to the new plow and the truck didn't squat nearly as much as what it did with the stock springs. I need to play with the ballast still but I'm thinking an extra 2-300 pounds after the tailgate spreader is hooked up.

19. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

Did you get the springs from ford? What did they cost?

20. Allstar_Inc

Allstar_Inc Junior Member

I was right about $400 installed for Ford springs, at my dealer. But I will say they really like me as we do a lot of business with them they typically will do anything I ask at a very reasonable cost.