1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 f150 question...again

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mrwolf, Nov 25, 2014.

1. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

So this season I cut back my accounts and long story short I want to work with what I have. Fabbing a mount is no problem, warranty is not a problem (purchased a dealer warranty that SPECIFICALLY covers plowing, no restriction on type of plow. However I don't want to do anything stupid. I have 3 sno way 24/25D plows . What is the downside to the EPAS (baser :waving:)

I want to do a 26 R and depending on snowfall I may even do it this season but not right now. If I can install the 24/25 This would allow me to sell 2 old plow vehicles that are taking up space and coin.

Just a thought. If it's a horrible idea I can use the vehicles I have. I would have the wiring done by an authorized dealer to avoid anything being done improperly (proper fusing etc.)

The only thing that really worries me is I do a condo complex so lots of back and forward. I plow carefully and gently so frame etc has never worried me. A larger truck is useless at these accounts anyway due to cars being EVERYWHERE ! We use a skid steer as well but the truck would see 10-12 hrs or storm but it's slow easy going.

Thanks much.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the issue is electrics, you'd need to go to the EIS headlights. you will need those with the 26R anyway.

Why not just sell the two rigs you have and use the money for the 26R?