1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 ecoboost hiniker plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Coley909, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Coley909

Coley909 Junior Member
    from Pa

Good evening all, long time lurker first time poster

Going to be getting a piece of promperty to put my home one it's going to have a long driveway.

I know the snoway 26 works on these trucks but There is a hiniker dealer down the road good friends with them and no snoway dealers around at all. I also what to know what snoway does to bypass the epas system.

Is there any reason I can't run a separate batery and battery isolator so that I can put a hiniker plow on? I can't imagine it being a problem but I don't have experience with this epas on these fords.

I saw a couple guys on here running westerns but I couldn't find how they did it. I may have to travel to get a snoway which sucks if it breaks when I need it but what are my options here? Already purchased this truck and buying a house makes it hard to buy another. Didn't relize I'd have such a long driveway or would of stepped up to a 250

Thanks guys, I do relize this has been brought up but I couldn't find an answer other then get a snoway which it may come to but I want to know my options.

2. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Talk to your Hiniker dealer to see what they say. I can't imagine there's any reason why you couldn't run one with your current setup. May have to upgrade your battery to a heavy duty (850CCA/1000CCA) but other than that should work fine.

3. Coley909

Coley909 Junior Member
    from Pa

That's what I was thinking. Maybe bump up the alternator bigger batteries shouldn't be any reason I couldn't with it isolated.

4. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Give them a call Monday and see what they say. I'm on my second Hiniker and no issues yet. Granted the last F150 I had was 4 years ago. All have been Super Duty's, but I seriously considered an EcoBoost, just I do commercial work so I didn't know how well it would hold up to constant abuse.

5. Coley909

Coley909 Junior Member
    from Pa

Not sure there. I love how the truck drives I think it'd be awesome with a plow on it. I just plan to do my home driveway so I think I'd be ok but just don't know haha. Next one will be a super duty but gotta work with this for now. Thanks I will call him Monday.

6. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Im not 100% sure, but I thought Snoway was the only manufacture who did not block the air intake for the intercooler with their under carriage. It may need modifacation with other brands??? Would that void the warranty?? Ive heard that Ford is real strict on those engines, especially anything to do with the turbos...

7. Coley909

Coley909 Junior Member
    from Pa

Most likely void it, I think I may do a double battery and get a snoway just to play it safe at this point

8. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Seeing as Ford offers the plow prep package on the F150's, I don't see how it would be voided...

9. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Again, not 100% sure, but with the ECOBOOST im pretty sure snoway was the only manufacture Ford approved. With the naturally asporated engines, other plows may be fair game, IDK. Look up Basher on this site and ask him if that is the case. He is a snoway dealer and may be able to help you answer your questions...

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ford offers no plow prep on the 2011-2014 models

Totally isolating the electrical system would help with the EPS issues and could be the solution for non ecoboost models. But that doesn't address blocking the intercooler, you don't even want to contemplate the cost of a non warrantied replacement.

Not saying is can't be done but Snoway is the only one that will stand behind the install.

Your dealer is taking a risk installing a non approved plow. He will be fully responsible for any issue that could be related to the plow installation regardless of how well he does the installation, not only drivetrain damage but for the liability in the event of a accident situation when some lawyer contends the non-approved installation exasperated the injuries and damage.

11. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting. Was sure I had built an EcoBoost on Ford's site with plow prep not that long ago. Guess it was a 15' and I hadn't noticed...

It's rather surprising no other company has figured out how to make a mount for an 11-14 EcoBoost given the popularity.

12. Coley909

Coley909 Junior Member
    from Pa

It's such a pain. I really want to get rid of this truck at this point.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's not the mount,:laughing: the 2010 mount fits everything but the Egoboost and why design a mount for a truck that's already restricted by other issues..

IMO it's the liability, the sacrificial loads and possible vehicle systems interaction of the relay systems that are the issue. The lack of those loads and negating the possibility of vehicle control computer interactions are where Snoway stands alone.

There's no real issue with installing anyone's mount on the 6.2 liter trucks or any of the V8 none EPS trucks except for Ford's warranty policy and I'll bet that varies dealer to dealer depending to the claim. Of course you do so at your own risk because no one considers it an authorized fit.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  14. Coley909

Coley909 Junior Member
    from Pa

Thinking I may be way better buying an older dedicated plow truck just going to have to wait longer is all.

15. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

I have a plow and spreader on a '12 with no electrical upgrades. It is the 5.0 but have not any problems with the truck or boss plow. Just finished 36 hours of plowing 17" with 3 and 4ft drifts

16. Coley909

Coley909 Junior Member
    from Pa

Which boss plow and that's pretty interesting very tempting

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

V8 without the EPS, differant truck then your Egoboost.

18. Coley909

Coley909 Junior Member
    from Pa

It's a 2012 it's got eps though I'm more worried about that then the Ecoboost

19. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

No. I have EPS. The 6.2l is the only truck without the EPS. The 2012 5.0L has EPS

20. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

I have a standard duty 7'6 on the truck. I will be selling that and putting a 7'6" VXT v plow on it.

my only concern with your truck would be the ecoboost.