1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 boss vbx stand What you guys think

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by spencers, Feb 23, 2015.

1. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

We all know how heave boss vbx and snow ex salters weigh. I wanted something that would make it easier to put my boss vbx in my truck without have to lift it and having 5 guys help lift it and risk someone getting hurt. My dad made up the design and made this all from scratch. It's super easy and fast to put the salter in the truck and take it out. All you do is just slide it right out. really no lifting is done at all. Also the spinner is on the back, maybe today I'll take a pic and post it too. What do you guys think of this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Cool setup, I had the same idea back in November and was able to do the same thing, my was an old boat rack off our old rescue boat trailer. I made a couple cuts and it works great. I'll get a couple pics later.

3. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good! How easy is it for 1 guy to slide it?

4. shawn_

shawn_ Member

Looks good great idea, how is the vbx holding up? Any problems?

5. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Looks like a good set up, good place for it in the summer.

6. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

Scott - one guy can slide it easy. The problem I have had with it is that sense it's on the grass and it snows the truck sits hiring than the stand so one guy has to lift it like an inch and then one guy can push. It's still pretty easy with two guys and it slides easy. If it was on concrete it would be a one man job for sure.

Shawn - I have the auger style one and I haven't had any problems. I love this salter. There is a big company in Utah here by my house and they have like 60 + trucks and they all have snow ex salters. Well my brother told me he has seen 5 of their trucks now with boss vbx. It feels good to know that this salter will be replacing the snow ex. My brother has a snow ex and he is hating it after he sees how mine performs. I would buy another one well worth the money.

Ty - Once I buy a house I'll probably put it in my garage. Hopefully next year I'll be buying a house. :)

7. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup, the auger is a little lighter than the chain drive, i can't move the chain from the back of the truck, heck even two guys struggle a good bit, we just unload it with the machine.

8. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

yes, salters do weigh a lot, but the VBX is by far the easiest salter to move around, i'm sure because it's made of poly. It slides really easily in a truck bed, and honestly 2 guys can get this box loaded by themselves, we have done it. not easy, but doable. our other 2 yard stainless salter? i wouldn't even try to lift that with 4 guys

that's a nice stand tho, looks to make the job much easier

9. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

Yeah we have done it with 3 guys. I'm a small guy though it it was back breaking. I think the salt dogg spreaders are the lightest ones out of them all. I think the vbx is heavier than the snow ex but you are right, they do slide pretty easy.

10. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

Bought these wheels for the plow a few years ago and thought I would try them out this time around. They were awesome and it's easy to slide the plow around. Now just time to get my own house so I can put my plow in my garage. Does anyone else have these wheels for their plows?

[​IMG]