1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014-2016 GM Electrical Issue/Fisher Harness

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Motorman 007, Feb 26, 2016.

1. As of today, all Fisher dealers have been notified that there is a Fisher harness available that mates to the new GM harness that is referenced in the GM bulletin regarding intermittent dash "blank out" that has plagued many 2014-2016 GM trucks with snow plow prep (RPO code VYU). This subject has been discussed on the Chevy/GMC page for over a year.

Thread is here: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=161166

Kudos to Fisher for this very nice OEM plug setup at a very reasonable price. I am attaching the GM upfitter bulletin as well as the Fisher bulletin to this thread. For those of you with this issue, you will need to get the GM harness installed at the dealership. That is done at no charge. The Fisher harness is an add-on that will mate seamlessly with the GM harness. You will need to make some connections on the plow (or pay to have that part done). THIS ONLY APPLIES TO FISHER FLEET FLEX APPLICATIONS.

Special thanks to John Murphy, VP at Douglas Dynamics (Fisher) for keeping me up to date on this. Those of you that frequent this Fisher forum know that he is a regular contributor here.

Attached Files:

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

SO I am a little unclear why you would need to pay for the fisher part of it should that not be free part on gm's part ? or fisher? there was a problem from the start just why should any cost be given to the end user ? for me I purchased the whole set up from my chevy dealer , if there was a problem I would hope that they would fix what ever it was considering it had nothing to do with the end user.
  3. The way I see it, this isn't the plow manufacturers problem. This is a GM problem. For years, GM trucks couldn't handle the electrical load generated by snowplows. They finally did something about it and now we have overkill with the 220 amp alternator "over shooting" the load. Some plows don't require anything additional other than the GM harness. The Fisher Fleet Flex systems have the solenoid out on the plow so that GM harness has to be connected to it. Fisher has come up with a harness for just $20 that I'm willing to bet just about costs that to make. I have no problem forking that over to fix this. Fisher has been all over this since day one. My Fisher dealer called today to tell me the harness was in.
  4. searay220

searay220 Member

I got my notice on this issue and have an appointment in a couple of weeks. I don't really understand what's this is about but I'm reading somethings that I'll need to return to my Fisher Plow Dealer and have to pay for some additional work after the dealer is done? Can someone give me a quick summary of what this is about.
    I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd with 8.6ft Fisher stainless XV2.
  5. Short answer is if you don't have the issue...don't worry about it. If you do....perform a search here and all you need to know has already been posted.