1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014 1500 plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by trevier, Apr 19, 2014.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

Didn't see it here. Was wondering can a plow be put on these? Dbl cab 4x4 1/2 ton just be used for plowing a couple of driveways that's all. Trying to get some answers for my uncle who is thinking of doing this.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Buddy put a Snowdogg on his
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Yes. What year truck, and drivetrain, and FAWR?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What ever the basic Chevy 1500 is what he had,he might be upgrading the plow to a v plow next yr for it.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway has a fit for most 1500s.
  6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

3925 front axle most likely, double cab short bed, hell why not a 7'6'' SD Fisher or Standard Duty Boss.
  7. trevier

trevier Senior Member

2014 chevy dbl cab,4x4 built last september. Not sure on the front axle weight will now better tomorrow.
  8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I've scene a few 2014's with 7.5' Fisher HD's and SD's in my area.
  9. Zigracer

Zigracer Member

I ran a Meyer STP 7.5 on my 2010 Chevy 1500, Z71, towing package. I eventually put Timbrens on, but the truck did okay without them. I plow residential driveways and I try to treat my equipment with care. The 1500 did a great job. I transferred that plow to a 2012 GMC 2500. The 2500 was a great truck, but didn't do significantly better than the 1500 with that particular plow. I've now gone back to a 1500 - a 2014 GMC double cab with 5.3 liter, Z71 and towing package and plan to install the STP 7.5 on the truck. Front axle is rated the same as the 2010 at 3950.

Meyer is a little behind the curve with the lighting modules, and they don't approve of anything but a Home plow, or a single pull Drive Pro plow yet for the 2014. GMC does offer a plow prep package for the single cab. The axle rating is the same and it also has the electric power steering. I've heard "unofficially" that the DP mounting carton will accept the STP 7.5 plow. The underside of my new truck looks pretty much the same as my 2010, as far as the frame is concerned, but I don't have a 2010 to compare side by side. I also don't have that old mounting carton. If I can find out that the mounting carton for the 2010-2012 will fit my 2014, I may just buy one of those cartons. I don't want to sell the Meyer and then go with a Fisher SD, as the Fisher mounts will require a lot of bumper cutting. The Meyer mount only requires removing the rubber air dam and then either bending or notching the plastic lower part to the bumper. On both of my previous trucks, I custom cut the rubber/plastic air dam around the mount. It looked good and probably saved me a bit of fuel.