1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2014-15 made plows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cat320, Nov 14, 2014.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

so is the flex fit standard on the fishers now so you can hook up to any plow or is that an option ?

and is the all the electronics on the head gear now ? I saw a v blade video and saw it behind the cover but is that the same for all ?

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah one controller can run any plow now, most of the actual plow electronics are on the plow

With the FISHER® FLEET FLEX Electrical System, you have true fleet interchangeability. Unlike other manufacturers who require a different control for different plows, the FISHER FLEET FLEX system lets you operate all plows using ONE CONTROL.

Features include:

Universal Fish-Stik® Hand-held or Joystick Controls
    Programmable "soft-stop" and "one-touch" float
    Built-In SECURITY GUARD™ Anti-Theft System
    Easy operation and increased reliability
    Simple wiring and easier installation

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes the new plows are 2 plugs now.However a straight blade controller will not operate a v-plow or xls plow without an adapter and the correct controller.

4. Are you sure? I've installed several straight blades in the past couple of years for friends and they came Fleet Flex with the same controller that includes all of the vplow functions. I can hook that truck up to any of my other 2 plug v plows and they operate just fine.

5. Yates004

Yates004 Member

That's false. I had a 2 plug 8.6" HD and bought a 8'6" XV2 never switched anything and my fish stik works on both.

6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

THE 49800 FISH STIK which is 4 pin fleet flex will only operates the straight blade their intended for use with the 7.6 HT's that are all straight blades BUT they are kicking around bought/sold/used with the 7.6-9 straight flt flx blades because their about $50 cheaper to buy new they don't have the buttons needed to use all functions on xtreme v's or wide outs

7. OK I'll give you that but the HD straight blades (8', 8 1/2', 9' etc) I have done in the last year and a half or so come with a controller that has all the buttons and says fleet flex right on it. When hooked up to an XV, it works all the functions.

8. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

right but since there was discussion about whether just a straight blade stik was out there or not I wanted to let members know and that its more affordable new than the multi function ones are and that one indeed exists

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

What I ment was a standard straight blade controller you have won't run a v-blade or xls blade but if you have the right controller you can run any plow as long as the controller is setup for it

10. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

We brought a western straighth last year that will run a wideout