1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 Silverado 1500 Window Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ramair2k, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Whenever we have moisture, and it gets cold at night, the next morning all my windows freeze and will not open. ALL OF THEM. I literally have to wait as much as an hour with the heat on for it to finally open for me. I move the window switch, up/down, up/down and you can hear the window sticking because its frozen. This is not normal. I have owned half a dozen cars before if not more, and this has never happened to me. Anyone have any experience with this? Clearly water is getting inside where it shouldn't be. Looks like trip to the dealer.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you had the door panel off?

3. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I have not, the truck is still under warranty so if anything I will bring it to the dealer. I would have to take off all 4 door panels as they all freeze shut. Its very frustrating and frankly a safety issue IMHO.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

try spraying 303 Aerospace Protectant on the weather strips around the windows, used to use silicone but this is a friendlier product for weatherstrips

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try fluid filming the tracks and working the Windows. The clean the inside and outside felt pads really good, the outside ones are the ones that will freeze to the Windows the most

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Carry a butter knife in truck. It's freezing at the strip on bottom of window. Use it to gently free up the ice. My truck does it a lot.

7. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

this is it

8. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

My 2013 silverado does this as well.

9. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Frozen windows.............Just one of the joys of winter.

10. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

My 2006 F350 windows do the same thing. Nothing wrong with your truck specifically.