1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 Ram 2500 problems with 8.4an screen

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by FSUPERDUTY, Jan 6, 2015.

1. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Anybody have problems with the 8.4an screen shutting off or freezing up while plowing,finally got to plow with the truck the last couple of days,not sure what the issue is but guessing it has something to do with the back and fourth and the back up camera turning on and off? Had the radar screen freeze up and the nav wasn't working today never had a problem with it till i started plowing! It will reset if you shut the truck off for a couple of minutes but thats a real pain! Its going in tomorrow to check for any updates. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues?

2. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Mine does something similar. But for me it's the camera freezing up and causing me screen to have that static like s TV with no signal when I go in reverse. Once it thaws or dries it's fine. Happens every time I plow.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

No problems with mine, but it has gone in for several software updates since I've had it, probably three of them.

4. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

software up to date ? 14.25 something like that

running strobes ? if my strobes on it will flicker image depending on pattern

5. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

They did put the latest software in it but after I left with it I realized my nav still wasnt working which screws with my weather radar screen aswell so it has to go back on friday.Good news is I extended my warranty to 5 years 60,000 miles for $615.00 with a $100.00 deductable

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Where did you buy? I got a 6 year 100K warranty with a 50.00 deductible.

7. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Chrysler warranty Benoy motors Woodstock,bought some trucks over there over the years they have always treated me fair! Definitely makes me feel a little better with the electronic issues!

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I hauled a truck there for a local business that needed a transmission. They didn't like that it was tuned/deleted and said the transmission it needed would be $7k (aisin trans since it was a cab and chassis) and they offered a warranty on it but basically said they wouldn't honor it in the future anyway since the truck was modified. :dizzy:

Took the keys and drove it the mile to another shop after Benoy told me it wouldn't even move out of the parking spot it was in. $4500 or so later they had a better warranty, upgraded internals, and a quicker overall turn around time.

9. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Modified trucks seem to be a sore spot with most dealers these days(not all) In a lot of ways I don't blame them.Independent shops are generally cheaper but my experience especially with transmissions seem to be more troublesome than a factory rebuild.Hopefully it will work out for your friend.Considering I didn't buy my truck there they have been treating me well. The list price on the warranty was $820.00 Tim offered it to me for $615.00 and jumped on it. I feel like it was a gift for a chrysler warranty That I can use anywhere. I don't think there is anything on my truck that is electrical that I could fix for $615.00 other than maybe a bulb?

10. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Update Getting a new radio installed tomorrow. The Nav can't seem to stay working!

11. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

New radio installed every thing is working! Just need snow for the true test. Ill update if we ever get any?

12. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Was the new radio the fix?

13. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Plowed twice did have the screen go black once otherwise all seems well

14. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Do you think it's a power issue? As in too much power drain from running the plow consecutively or long periods of time.

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2014 and no problems yet.

It froze once, not while I was plowing, on the phone screen. I think it was the Bluetooth though.

16. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

No I don't think its a power issue? I just think it doesn't like all the back and fourth switching between the camera and what ever is on the screen at the time.